Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol my dad was into toy trains and he had lots and lots of them now that he is gone it is so had to get them boxed up to sell them because they are so delicate and its hard not to get emotional because he had plans to build a bigger layout but got sick before he could. its just sad. we know there is a lot of money tied up down there but have no real idea what the individual pieces are actually worth. i suppose i should take a photo of all of my saws individually with a price that my wife should not take less than for each one so she doesnt have to deal with the same mess.
Anything of quantity and value like that you might consider a broker or an 'expert' in that field to advise you. You might have to give up 15% or whatever, but they can do all the leg work & selling. I've already talked to my son about my junk and what to do with it.

Kevin

Sorry to hear of his passing.
My dad has quite the gun collection, he has everything in files on his old desktop, if I can figure out how to get to them on there :badpc:.
My wife knows to ask some of my forum buddies for help with mine if needed, did your dad have any train buddies that could help.
Since I am often selling she also knows to look at my PM's to see if there is anything outstanding that hasn't arrived or that I've sold. I always put a picture of each event in my pms and keep all my conversations about a saw in that particular pm, to the point if they are talked about elsewhere I copy and paste it into the PM. When I get a check or PayPal I put a screenshot of the payment(same when I pay for one) in the PM, and all the shipping info.
I don't want to get burnt on a saw because someone dies, I'd hate to burn someone else just the same, no need to take your name to the grave with you :surprised3:.

Yep....friends who are into the same thing are your best sounding board/help. Was talking with a friend last week, he said he was helping the widow of one of his train club buddies that had passed away. A big nation wide firm came and made her an offer of $23,000.00 for all his train stuff. Geoff is ebaying it all for her....said he just cut her a check for $40,000.00 and still had more to go....all that and he gets 1/3 off the top for his effort. Figured she would end up just north of $50,000.00 when it done. Quite a difference a little knowledgable help will make!!!

I need a video and or advice on how install a new chain brake on a 2065. No I did not take a picture before taking it apart. Thanks in advance.

If you are searching for videos, look for Husqvarna 372 or 365. There are probably a lot for those models out there and it's the same a s the 2065.

Yep....friends who are into the same thing are your best sounding board/help. Was talking with a friend last week, he said he was helping the widow of one of his train club buddies that had passed away. A big nation wide firm came and made her an offer of $23,000.00 for all his train stuff. Geoff is ebaying it all for her....said he just cut her a check for $40,000.00 and still had more to go....all that and he gets 1/3 off the top for his effort. Figured she would end up just north of $50,000.00 when it done. Quite a difference a little knowledgable help will make!!!
That would be my 'broker/expert' idea mentioned above. Easy to approach someone in the hobby you know and ask them if they'd take a 1/3 of the profits to do all the work. Get the real value that way, just takes time.

Children handling the estate of their parents generally want the cash FAST....which unfortunately is the worst way to do it and while it might seem easy getting a big house to do all the work for you, they won't take the time to get your best price.

Kevin

52 is a nice saw.....built just like a mini 621 or 80....heavy duty all the way. Closed port, double ring, high crown piston....points ign and coil is the same as the 621 & 80/90 and the 111s.....the 521E uses the same P&C/carb/muffler......if it isn't scored it might be worth throwing a set of seals and bearings and new rings and get 'er going...will run an 18-20" bar in .325 pretty good....

Man....I went looking for a new recoil cover sticker for the 490 tonight at the shop.....knew I had one but it wasn't in orderly my "Jonsereds" boxes with the rest of the NOS stickers......I went through 4 fairly large boxes of misc. NOS Jonsereds parts......bought in lots....have some really off the wall stuff.....some of it I don't even know what it is....found like six 910E intake elbows.....eight 621 air filter covers....a handfuls of throttle linkages another handful of triggers ....piles of recoil pulleys that fit god knows what.......did finally find the sticker I wanted in the bottom of box #4....all by itself.....sometimes I amaze myself with the **** I acquire.....I ain't right....
do you have a rubber grommet for the 52 at the carb adjust high and low hole area

Thanks it was perfect!
I've got a 372xp broken gas tank handle up by the lower spring mount damn great saw too ill be fixing it either with a new handle or sheet metal sandwich ,i just got down doing a old 52 runs good now but cant wait to use it some had a loose set of fuel pump screws on it and was sitting for 25 yrs ,had great spark just wasn't pulling fuel ,was blown away when i reset every setting on carb installed it and it fired right up like 2 pulls and ran great idles nice too

I aquired a Jonsered 820. Piston looks like it either was run lean or air leak. Has a high idle as well that is pretty much impossible to correct.

So I’d guess either a bad air leak or bad clutch spring. I think these have an intake boot. If it turns out to be bad how hard is it to find a replacement boot for these? Which saws share the same boot? Any decent aftermarket piston kits available ?

I aquired a Jonsered 820. Piston looks like it either was run lean or air leak. Has a high idle as well that is pretty much impossible to correct.

So I’d guess either a bad air leak or bad clutch spring. I think these have an intake boot. If it turns out to be bad how hard is it to find a replacement boot for these? Which saws share the same boot? Any decent aftermarket piston kits available ?
I think it shares a boot with one of the others in the 820/830/920/930 family, but they are impossible to find. I'm glad mine is in one piece, but I'm toying with ideas on fabricating boots or blocks for when the inevitable happens (and you never know when boots for other saws will become NLA).

Only pistons I could track down were single ring VECs and a twin 1.5mm ring from Lil red Barn (mine should arrive next week). I've heard that many cheap aftermarket kits for most saws have some risky circlips and rings included, I'd imagine that's the case for this family as well. There's aftermarket cranks seals and ignitions, some carb rebuild kits available. Starter pulley 503484801 (for 181/281/288) worked for me, but I had to bore out the inside a smidge. I THINK you can get a Husqvarna clutch but I can't give you a part number or measurements ATM.

Pressure test it, and pressure test the carb. Check the fuel vent, impulse line (all lines), filter, yadda yadda. Be careful with the air filter, it's in the same boat as the intake boot. Could design a bracket/air horn or modify a different filter to fit, but I haven't seen it done yet.

Weimerdog/afleetcommand/hilltopsawshop has a few videos with Spike60 that you might wanna give a watch.

You probably won't meet Walter at a GTG...unless Bob drags him there and/or you meet him @Bob's shop. I don't understand their friendship, but it's certainly none of my business.

I have to be careful what I say about Walter, because Bob's loyal to him and I respect Bob. On the FF, I don't post in Walter's threads anymore and he doesn't post in mine....but I post/like to Bob.

Kevin

I think it shares a boot with one of the others in the 820/830/920/930 family, but they are impossible to find. I'm glad mine is in one piece, but I'm toying with ideas on fabricating boots or blocks for when the inevitable happens (and you never know when boots for other saws will become NLA).

Only pistons I could track down were single ring VECs and a twin 1.5mm ring from Lil red Barn (mine should arrive next week). I've heard that many cheap aftermarket kits for most saws have some risky circlips and rings included, I'd imagine that's the case for this family as well. There's aftermarket cranks seals and ignitions, some carb rebuild kits available. I forget what starter pulley finally worked for me (272 I think) but I had to bore out the inside a smidge. I THINK you can get a Husqvarna clutch but I can't give you a part number or measurements ATM.

Pressure test it, and pressure test the carb. Check the fuel vent, impulse line (all lines), filter, yadda yadda. Be careful with the air filter, it's in the same boat as the intake boot. Could design a bracket/air horn or modify a different filter to fit, but I haven't seen it done yet.

Weimerdog/afleetcommand/hilltopsawshop has a few videos with Spike60 that you might wanna give a watch.
did you pull the carb and check the fuel pump gasket the screws come lose too on that bottom plate they suck air there and u never see it until you tighten the screws

To be honest. I haven’t done diddly squat to it. I fueled it up and fired it. The saw started idling hi and I couldn’t adjust it. Shut it off and posted here for information. I plan to pull the top off and replace the piston and rings due to scoring. Was just curious as to why it’s scored. Based on my experience I have an air leak somewhere…..

I always put those diaphragm cover screws back with little lock washers or 'star' washers just for that reason.

Kevin
ok then then it might be the intake gasket also might leak i just did an old 52 and the saw was filthy 1/2 of thick saw dust everywhere scraped it all off and had spark and would run screaming without pulling fuel ,saw hadn't run for 40 yrs the guy said ,cleaned up and pulled filter out of tank cleaned that pulled carb and spotted those screws lose just slightly scrubbed down the carb both gaskets looked fine put it back together and fired it just to see and it ran immediately set the carb screws factory and wow what a beautiful little saw ran like a swiss watch ,raised it from the grave ,,i had bought it off market place for 40.00 bucks and had to get a chain ,,now looking for fuel and oil caps

Been kinda jonesin' for a Jonsered since I've not had one. I like most any saw that's not chinese but have mostly Husqvarnas, i'm of Scandinavian lineage, what can I say. I'm 2300 miles from home for a wedding and snagged this CS2159C for a real good price at a local pawn shop.

20220114_073228.jpg
20220114_073213.jpg

I don't really need another 60cc saw but at least it doesn't take a D009 like most of my other saws. And it seems to be in quite nice shape. I expect it may end up my primary all purpose saw that rides around in the truck etc.

Been kinda jonesin' for a Jonsered since I've not had one. I like most any saw that's not chinese but have mostly Husqvarnas, i'm of Scandinavian lineage, what can I say. I'm 2300 miles from home for a wedding and snagged this CS2159C for a real good price at a local pawn shop.

View attachment 956934
View attachment 956936

I don't really need another 60cc saw but at least it doesn't take a D009 like most of my other saws. And it seems to be in quite nice shape. I expect it may end up my primary all purpose saw that rides around in the truck etc.
nice would love one of those

Back