Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ernie
Just send me your email in PM here.

Yes, the gasket supplied in the kit is dead WRONG for these saws that have the impulse channel on the manifold. Using that will cause it to have an air leak and you'll never tune the saw properly. The correct gasket is still available from Husky. I don't have the part number at this second, but it's been posted here many times. If I come back this evening and no one has posted it, I'll find it in my stuff.

Or if you're handy at making gaskets, it's a pretty easy one to copy....nothing fancy.

I think that gasket probably fits old MAC's or something that was very popular in kits a long time ago. I first noticed it in 2009 and the reason I came to this thread in the first place.....those many long yrs ago.

Kevin

Jonsereds usually had a good Owner's Manual for all their saws. Where they had gaps for the consumer was in the Service Manuals. But, I'm convinced the dealer techs always had access to Service Manuals if they wanted them.

When Husky took over things, the OM's got really lousy....almost the first half was cautionary chite on how to run a chainsaw without killing yourself plus morbid diagrams. Seems to me that if you buy a tool like a chainsaw, YOU assume the risk of using it. But personal injury lawyers think in other terms.

Kevin

Guaranteed they fell into the saw and are receiving advice from another party. 90's aren't that rare.....that's eBay speak/hyperbole. "Rare", "minty", "one of a kind", "excellent", "like new". All descriptors that are usually used by fakers & posers.

That said, this is a very NICE, original 90 they fell into.....that's all they needed to say.

Kevin

Holy cow, that's a NICE 90!!!!! That should go well over $400. Depending on who's hunting, maybe even over $500!

Which pic shows the chip in the case....can't find it?

Kevin
Yeah I had to hunt it pretty hard too. It’s on the lower right side of the muffler…. About as big as a thumbnail out of the front of the case

Well that went for a pretty penny........$665.00 PHO....plus $60.00 shipping to me from the state next door....nice saw but $725.00 is within $25.00 of what I gave for my very low hr 111S with a 36" roller nose bar with new .404 chain, helper handle and a a very nice sawmill rig.....
Wow....I figured $500 maybe $550 with some last-minute snipes! I wasn't watching the auction, so I don't know how many visual bids there were before the snipes set in. It says 40 bids total.

Since WA charges sales tax on Internet purchases, my big-ticket eBay days are long over. I can only imagine what the shipping would have been all the way here. And the seller gives up 12.9% right off the top. Weeeeeeee.....

Kevin

Wow....I figured $500 maybe $550 with some last-minute snipes! I wasn't watching the auction, so I don't know how many visual bids there were before the snipes set in. It says 40 bids total.

Since WA charges sales tax on Internet purchases, my big-ticket eBay days are long over. I can only imagine what the shipping would have been all the way here. And the seller gives up 12.9% right off the top. Weeeeeeee.....

Kevin
Yeah.......I might be moved to build/rebuild a two or three of these to sell......here's one example......not as minty as the one just sold but with new rings and seals and some other cosmetics with the big dawgs and full wrap (with correct lower AV mount) also have a west coast low exhaust muffler to and new decomp to install.. Should bring a decent return I would think.....

IMG_0917.jpgIMG_0919.jpgIMG_0920.jpg

Latest posts

Back