Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep 621it is...........the ledgendary 621 that is to say!!!
Legendary....cool, these are the first Jonsereds I've picked up. Have another that looks about the same and a 52.
A little more gunk removal today on the flywheel side then do a press/vac test...fingers crossed, and add some shrink wrap on that exposed wire.
carb_airbox3.jpegclutch side3.jpegfront3.jpeg

621. That hole is for the vent tube with the sintered filter, yes.

Top tube of the vent box goes under the carb and into that hole. Side tube of the vent box goes to the carb fuel feed. The tubing looks really old.

The 621 were titans....true pro-built saws for their size.

On some of the J'reds the vent tube goes over the carb and held with a clip. That's factory.....not sure about the 621, as mine just goes under the carb.

If it were me, I'd put the marine liquid insulation the whole length of that coil wire and then heat shrink.

Kevin

621. That hole is for the vent tube with the sintered filter, yes.

Top tube of the vent box goes under the carb and into that hole. Side tube of the vent box goes to the carb fuel feed. The tubing looks really old.

The 621 were titans....true pro-built saws for their size.

On some of the J'reds the vent tube goes over the carb and held with a clip. That's factory.....not sure about the 621, as mine just goes under the carb.

If it were me, I'd put the marine liquid insulation the whole length of that coil wire and then heat shrink.

Kevin
Probably my really really old phone making the tubing look old. It looks pretty good in person and is soft/pliable.
Agreed on liquid insulation...Probably will just solder some new in it as previous owner(s) just crimped the terminal on it.

Seems like I'll need to feed the vent tube from the outside in since its not going in from the airbox side.

Probably my really really old phone making the tubing look old. It looks pretty good in person and is soft/pliable.
Agreed on liquid insulation...Probably will just solder some new in it as previous owner(s) just crimped the terminal on it.

Seems like I'll need to feed the vent tube from the outside in since its not going in from the airbox side.
I can post some completed pics of inside the airbox if you need them. I don't understand your last sentence?

Kevin

I can post some completed pics of inside the airbox if you need them. I don't understand your last sentence?

Kevin
I think I know what he means, as I dealt with it routing my 451 vent line.

The diameter of the line with the sintered brass filter installed exceeds the diameter of the hole, so the line has to be fed from the outside into the airbox small-end first, filter end trailing.

The diameter of the line with the sintered brass filter installed exceeds the diameter of the hole, so the line has to be fed from the outside into the airbox small-end first, filter end trailing.
Gotcha.

How are you doing with your saw....get it to snort yet? I just got a Kohler generator to fire from 1978.....what a trip! She made me do all the little tricks.

Kevin

Kevin

Yep, that is what I meant...thanks! And it was easily done without removing the spur sprocket and clutch.

Did end up removing it for press test and posted on the thread I've been using for the saw.

LOL He's now added 2 more saws and reduced the price $5,000.00........this is going to be a fun one to watch.........still almost $1,100.00 per saw for a bunch of used saws, plus $1,300.00 shipping.....nutz.....
He's dropped the BIN another $5,000.00 I see.......1/3 off !!!!!! Down to an average of $952 per saw.......plus the $1300.00 shipping of course.....

I’d like to see him sell the saws. Looks like a bunch of nice stuff to me. His approach is novel. Somebody may bite! I’ll be watching too.
I dunno.....when he mentions an adversary in his eBay auction (Tim Hill in Mesa) that makes him kind of a nutball in my book. Usually, people don't follow you around and accuse you of stuff if there's no substance to it. I'd just be wary is all.....

Kevin

Gotcha.

How are you doing with your saw....get it to snort yet? I just got a Kohler generator to fire from 1978.....what a trip! She made me do all the little tricks.

Kevin
Currently sitting on the work bench waiting to get the seal installed. Probably won't be able to get to it till next week 😤.

This is probably a dumb question, but here goes, can a leaky seal cause the saw not to start even when it has sufficient compression?

Currently sitting on the work bench waiting to get the seal installed. Probably won't be able to get to it till next week 😤.

This is probably a dumb question, but here goes, can a leaky seal cause the saw not to start even when it has sufficient compression?
Not likely......should start with a leaky seal but not run or tune well.....my guess is carburation....those carbs with the plastic lowers have been known to be problematic.

Back