Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick question on hand guards ...
I need one for my 90 and I see there are two different kinds one with wider mounts and the other with narrower mounts .
The 90 is the narrow style
The problem I have is there only these two and are the mounts the only difference with them or is the actual design different as well ?
So if I find a narrow mount one would it work on my 90?
Here's a pic of the two I've found
Screenshot_20230315-064446.png
Screenshot_20230315-070728.png
Thanks for the help !
Ernie

Well at least the work was tastefully done.

Someone contacted me today looking for a flywheel for a 70E, I've lost track of a few folks that have helped me in the past. Any suggestion on where to look/who to contact would be appreciated.

Mark
Hi Mark.....I assume you are looking for the plastic fan rather than the later aluminum one. There are two plastic ones and one alum one presently on ebay but the plastic ones are expensive. There was a guy on here 3D printing them a awile back but I can't recall his name/contact info......perhaps someone else can. They seemed to work fine.

A quick question on hand guards ...
I need one for my 90 and I see there are two different kinds one with wider mounts and the other with narrower mounts .
The 90 is the narrow style
The problem I have is there only these two and are the mounts the only difference with them or is the actual design different as well ?
So if I find a narrow mount one would it work on my 90?
Here's a pic of the two I've found
View attachment 1066370
View attachment 1066371
Thanks for the help !
Ernie
Hi Ernie... I believe the one you want for your 90 is the first one mounted the the red 49sp cyl cover. Part# 504 98 34-25. The 90 IPL shows it to have the narrow cut out rather than the wide cut out. I think the wide cut out would fit the 70E with the Nord fella top cover.

Hi Ernie... I believe the one you want for your 90 is the first one mounted the the red 49sp cyl cover. Part# 504 98 34-25. The 90 IPL shows it to have the narrow cut out rather than the wide cut out. I think the wide cut out would fit the 70E with the Nord fella top cover.

Thanks for the reply Robin !
I was hoping that one I had pictured would be the one I needed ...seem like they aren't to easy to find .
I just wasn't sure if there could be some other differences besides the mounting holes .
My 49sp has the wide mounting holes guard ...them silly Swedens !

Ernie

Not being an expert, I thought 590s and 490s were all closed port cylinders.
BINGO! And the 590 had no decomp and was 45MM bore.........that cyl is a 46mm 55 Husky open port cyl. Have to be very careful buying 590 cyls. I bought one once and when I got it was actually a 44mm 490 cly. as the pics didn't show the cast numbers. No harm no foul as I didn't mind having a spare 490 cyl. but just the same not what I wanted to buy. As an aside the 590 cyl is more or less a carbon copy of the much cherished Husky 55 EPA P&C.

Yeah.......I might be moved to build/rebuild a two or three of these to sell......here's one example......not as minty as the one just sold but with new rings and seals and some other cosmetics with the big dawgs and full wrap (with correct lower AV mount) also have a west coast low exhaust muffler to and new decomp to install.. Should bring a decent return I would think.....

View attachment 1062362View attachment 1062364View attachment 1062365
Looks like a wrap-handle repair. That's where my helper broke mine. Had a gusset welded in there...looked awful and tubing cracked eventually. Finally bought the correct diameter tubing, shaped it to fit perfectly and had it welded.

Great wrap otherwise....always liked the diameter and feel of it.

Kevin

So were the i.d tags on the cases not an available replacement part ?
Looking on the IPL's for my 21 series saws I don't see any part numbers for any of them .
I was trying to hunt one down for my 2188

Ernie

So were the i.d tags on the cases not an available replacement part ?
Looking on the IPL's for my 21 series saws I don't see any part numbers for any of them .
I was trying to hunt one down for my 2188

Ernie
I doubt they are as they are specific to the particular saw they came on.....serial #, build date code etc.

Back