Jonsered CS2159/Husqvarna 359 - Walbro 199A carb confusement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That'll work.
The little sanding drum attachment on a Dremel works well to round everything off
yeah, not in my tools, used a fine flatfile, and some sandpapir. Seems ok.
I will probably just fine tune it before clamping it.

Thanks for chiming in! :cheers:

minor update - clamp has been mounted.

Cylinder/Piston is on, looks good, I think.
Waiting for the carburator next - I will be testing the original and the AM one.
The original one will need a new throttle spring and a lid with a hole drilled, or I might just take the AM top lid and replace it.

Will post when that is done.

Attachments

• DSC_2435.JPG
    DSC_2435.JPG
    646.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_2431.JPG
    DSC_2431.JPG
    775.2 KB · Views: 0
I will probably fit the OEM carb, just for testing now.
Thanks to everyone for helping with this one!
huge help, greatly appriciated! :cheers:

I have an aftermarket carb here for the 359/2159 type saws. I keep it around as a test carb to eliminate possible carb problems as I know it will run a saw- it just will not hold constant tune.
You never know, you may have struck a good one- apparently you can now and then- but I would be repairing and fitting the OEM one if I had the choice.

I have an aftermarket carb here for the 359/2159 type saws. I keep it around as a test carb to eliminate possible carb problems as I know it will run a saw- it just will not hold constant tune.
You never know, you may have struck a good one- apparently you can now and then- but I would be repairing and fitting the OEM one if I had the choice.
yeah, that is my first choice as well.
It needs a new throttle return spring, I will fit that once it arrives, and then steal the top lid from the AM one. As in the trick from the video posted here.

My own MS260 runs with an AM carb, runs well. So yeah it does happen that they work.

update - and some input/help is needed.

Having run the saw a little, I notice that the AV system is ...off?
See picture, the screws in the buttom, holding the handle, hits the buttom of the saw, it has clearly been doing that a while.

That isn't correct is it? - see picture.

Is something missing, or did someone use too long screws?

Attachments

• DSC_2516.JPG
    DSC_2516.JPG
    788 KB · Views: 0
perhaps a missing AV rubber? or ...

Is there supposed to be an AV part here? just below the oil tank cap.

Attachments

• DSC_2517.JPG
    DSC_2517.JPG
    474.8 KB · Views: 0
update - and some input/help is needed.

Having run the saw a little, I notice that the AV system is ...off?
See picture, the screws in the buttom, holding the handle, hits the buttom of the saw, it has clearly been doing that a while.

That isn't correct is it? - see picture.

Is something missing, or did someone use too long screws?

Ones on the side of the handle, including the one that goes into the cylinder AV should be 25mm.
The two that go into the bottom of the handle/tank tail, should be 16mm.

perhaps a missing AV rubber? or ...

Is there supposed to be an AV part here? just below the oil tank cap.

No, just the spring AV that you see from the other side of the tank tail- twist is negated by other spring AV elsewhere and the two buffer pieces mounter either side of the rear of the tank tail- so to speak- where the fuel tank compartment ends and the tail of the tank begins- there are two buffer rubbers, one each side.

Download an IPL for the 2159 CS and you will see exploded parts diagrams that will help explain what should go where within the saw.

Ones on the side of the handle, including the one that goes into the cylinder AV should be 25mm.
The two that go into the bottom of the handle/tank tail, should be 16mm.
Thanks!
Taken from the bottum, see picture.

Attachments

• DSC_2519.JPG
    DSC_2519.JPG
    738.7 KB · Views: 0
No, just the spring AV that you see from the other side of the tank tail- twist is negated by other spring AV elsewhere and the two buffer pieces mounter either side of the rear of the tank tail- so to speak- where the fuel tank compartment ends and the tail of the tank begins- there are two buffer rubbers, one each side.

Download an IPL for the 2159 CS and you will see exploded parts diagrams that will help explain what should go where within the saw.

Yeah thanks, I have the IPL, sometimes a little hard to see what goes where :crazy:

Took shots of the AV system, it seems correct, no?

Attachments

• DSC_2520.JPG
    DSC_2520.JPG
    910.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_2521.JPG
    DSC_2521.JPG
    871.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_2522.JPG
    DSC_2522.JPG
    563.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_2523.JPG
    DSC_2523.JPG
    621.9 KB · Views: 0
I wonder if someone has been mixing them up.

I can snatch the 16mm from the av spring, on the cylinder spring side.

Is there somewhere else I can swap out a 16mm for a 25mm. Then i think i'm good.

I wonder if someone has been mixing them up.

I can snatch the 16mm from the av spring, on the cylinder spring side.
And from the chain catcher.

That might do it.

Shall i worry about the wear in the buttom? Its perhaps 1,5mm deep. Must have been sitting like this for a while, sadly.

Attachments

• DSC_2526.JPG
    DSC_2526.JPG
    721.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_2525.JPG
    DSC_2525.JPG
    950 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_2528.JPG
    DSC_2528.JPG
    857 KB · Views: 0
They probably have the 2 screws from the rear of the handle swapped with the 2 in front. If you swap them back, just in case they aren’t the proper length, make sure the longer bolts aren’t too long and won’t puncture the gas tank
Thanks.

I swapped out the 16mm from the spring holder in cylinder and the one holding the chain catcher. Both 25mm fitted right in those holed. Leaving me with 2 * 16mm for the buttom.

Last question is, should that wear from the screw in the buttom worry me?

Thanks.

I swapped out the 16mm from the spring holder in cylinder and the one holding the chain catcher. Both 25mm fitted right in those holed. Leaving me with 2 * 16mm for the buttom.

Last question is, should that wear from the screw in the buttom worry me?
It’ll be fine unless it eventually wears through and leaks bar oil. It will probably be fine the way it is though

Anyone know how thick they make those cases? :pingpong:

Around 3.5-4mm thick.
You have eliminated future wear and the likelihood of anything making it in there to wear further without the removal of the correct screw and fitting of a too long screw, means it should never wear further.

Around 3.5-4mm thick.
You have eliminated future wear and the likelihood of anything making it in there to wear further without the removal of the correct screw and fitting of a too long screw, means it should never wear further.
Just the answer i was hoping. Thanks.

I Will make sure that it won't get Any further wear for sure.

Latest posts

Back