Jonsered cs2255 vibration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuskyNSR

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently picked up a jonsered cs2255 at an auction. Seems like a nice saw, although it is obviously not been cleaned...ever. compression seems good and is pushing 160psi. I thought that it is a good candidate for selling to friend to use around their homestead, after cleaning, tuning and chain. I gather it's probably not a pro saw, but at 55cc with 20" bar it should do everything they need it to. Are there saws reliable? I have a bunch on husky and never owned one of these.
In addition, it is missing that little rubber vibration plug going to the under handle. Anyone know of a good source to get that part. I usually have pretty good luck on ebay for husky parts, but not turning up that much for this jonsered. Maybe why I got is so cheap.

Yes I think so. I only saw the one spot, as I have not taken off the handle. I can check tomorrow. Thanks

After getting to shop and looking at it again today both the movement limiters are on the saw. The spot I am looking at is #14 the pin. It pokes out, centered, in a hole on the case just below the oiler. It just looked to me that it was a spot where a rubber dampener had fallen out. Maybe there is nothing that is supposed to be on that pin? What would that pin be for?

Back