• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Jonsered heated handle switch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

numnutz6383

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been told it's a longshot but I'm looking for a heated handle switch for a Jonsered 541EV, the specific part number is 504385608, here is a picture.

Screenshot_2022-11-22-10-03-52-53_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

I also think that the switch from the 521EV might work, p/n 504385604, so I'd buy one to try as well.
jakjerwjkasfdjlksfda_028_1024x1024.jpeg

Thanks, I was hoping to find one that fits the non-standard (I assume European) mounting hole size, it's 8mm, so 0.315". McMaster carries 1/4 and 1/2 inch. I ordered the 1/4" but it's just too small to function well. I was trying to avoid drilling the mounting hole to 1/2".

Maybe someone here knows where such a size could be purchased.

Well just checked and smallest was 12mm or 1/2" I could find on Mouser.
There is a bag of 8 Twidco mini toggles on Amazon with a 6mm mount for $10. And they even have a red toggle.

Well just checked and smallest was 12mm or 1/2" I could find on Mouser.
There is a bag of 8 Twidco mini toggles on Amazon with a 6mm mount for $10. And they even have a red toggle.
Yeah, the 6 mm I got from McMaster is too small. I'm going to hunt around for something around 8mm or 5/16”, I haven't had any luck on the sites mentioned above. At least not for a 2 terminal SPST.

Is the switch connecting a ground or power supply? There are single pole, single throw 8mm toggles that can be used in a ground type configuration. You would have to chassis ground the other wire with an eyelet if that is the proper configuration of the heat circuit.

Is the switch connecting a ground or power supply? There are single pole, single throw 8mm toggles that can be used in a ground type configuration. You would have to chassis ground the other wire with an eyelet if that is the proper configuration of the heat circuit.
I believe it's connected to the stator to one of the terminals (yellow wire in the first picture), the other being connected back to the top handle (black wire in 1st picture, rightmost yellow wire in 2nd), and the other end of the circuit comes out of the handle and is eventually grounded to the case (eyelet in 2nd picture).

Screenshot_2022-11-26-14-59-52-09_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
Screenshot_2022-11-26-15-00-07-03_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Then I doubt the switch is just connecting a ground. You need both polarities going to the heating elements. Would you have a shop manual that would have an electrical schematic? I don't want you to short out that stator. Then you are out of business my man. Go to the beg for manual thread and ask for a manual. There are a couple good guys on here that will respond. Better get that info before doing anything else.

Then I doubt the switch is just connecting a ground. You need both polarities going to the heating elements. Would you have a shop manual that would have an electrical schematic? I don't want you to short out that stator. Then you are out of business my man. Go to the beg for manual thread and ask for a manual. There are a couple good guys on here that will respond. Better get that info before doing anything else.
Already begged, over a week ago, @ray benson was kind enough to send me a small Clymer manual. I also have the IPL. The extent of information regarding the heater handle, from the Clymer manual:
Screenshot_2022-11-26-17-51-10-30_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Latest posts

Back