Jonsered parts and information.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello I am new to the forum. My name is Brendan and I live in willow New York, and I have grown up around chainsaws, primarily jonsered. My grandfather Alfred Ostrander was a jred dealer from the very beginning (late 60s?) Till his death in 2019. I'm on the forums to see what kind of interest there is in these old saws, and to seek information and knowledge to keep my saws going, as well as eventually being able to offer up some help to others. In interested to see if anyone on here is from the Catskills area of New York, my family has a long history of logging these hardwoods and that led my grandfather to become a dealer of many chainsaw brands more or less out of necessity. With him gone I am now sitting on a fairly large supply of NLA OEM parts as well as many, many parts saws that he kept over the years. I have new OEM jonsered parts dating back as far as the 621 era, and am interested in connecting with some others who run jreds from this period. I currently have a few running saws that I use for firewood and property maintenance, as well as some very light logging. I am a heavy equipment mechanic by trade and have been very into motorcycles, I'm just now getting into the nitty gritty of saws, and have rebuilt a couple old saws, in doing so have been led to this site and decided to join up.

Hello I am new to the forum. My name is Brendan and I live in willow New York, and I have grown up around chainsaws, primarily jonsered. My grandfather Alfred Ostrander was a jred dealer from the very beginning (late 60s?) Till his death in 2019. I'm on the forums to see what kind of interest there is in these old saws, and to seek information and knowledge to keep my saws going, as well as eventually being able to offer up some help to others. In interested to see if anyone on here is from the Catskills area of New York, my family has a long history of logging these hardwoods and that led my grandfather to become a dealer of many chainsaw brands more or less out of necessity. With him gone I am now sitting on a fairly large supply of NLA OEM parts as well as many, many parts saws that he kept over the years. I have new OEM jonsered parts dating back as far as the 621 era, and am interested in connecting with some others who run jreds from this period. I currently have a few running saws that I use for firewood and property maintenance, as well as some very light logging. I am a heavy equipment mechanic by trade and have been very into motorcycles, I'm just now getting into the nitty gritty of saws, and have rebuilt a couple old saws, in doing so have been led to this site and decided to join up.
Howdy,, bumped into your post on saws.. I'm searching the planet for Jonsered parts.. Specifically, ignition coil set ups for a 630V that so far has been unable to find. Also interested in complete and or parts saws.. I share your interest in these old school saws...

Latest posts

Back