Jonsereds 110 or 111?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fellas -

A few weeks ago, I bought an interesting saw from a guy in Sweden. I'm trying to figure out if it's the exceptionally rare one-year-only 110 or if it's a later 111. I've only seen pictures of one 110, and it was on Magnus's site. Hard to tell how to distinguish it from a 111.

Anyway, I cleaned it up a bit and took some pictures of it next to the 111S that I have on the shelf (111S is on the left with the full wrap). Here's what I found -

I noticed a few differences -

1. The 110(?) has an HS112A Tillotson carburetor. The 111S has an HS112B 90. Are these stamped with a date code or does anyone know when these carbs were produced?

2. The top of the 110 cylinder is stamped 10 D 15 - is this a date code? The 111S is stamped 02 B 24.

3. The 110 has a plastic flywheel. The 111S has a metal flywheel.

4. The 111S has a small ignition solenoid. The 110 does not have one.

IMG_0129.JPG

Let me know if you want to see more pictures/details.

Scott

You add a other picture, the first one. So you know is 111S.......

I think the one with the full wrap is a 111S, but I'm pretty sure the tops are interchangeable, so you never know. Speaking of tops, as far as I know, all 111S has the two piece top, all 110 would have had the one piece top, and the 111 either came with both, or perhaps just the one piece.

Back to the saws pictured here -- I think the saw with the one piece top is either a 110 or a 111 but trying to nail that down.

That explains the not-quite-right full wrap I got for my 111s. Made it fit, but I had to extend it down to the case on the clutch side. Your 110 is obviously shorter there. And on the flywheel side it has a bend to the rear on the loop, my 111S (and all pictures I've seen) are more or less straight.

Jonsey got away from the plastic flywheels on the 70E. Maybe that'll help nail down a date.

Ignition solenoid? Are you talking about the condensor?

Chris B.

That explains the not-quite-right full wrap I got for my 111s. Made it fit, but I had to extend it down to the case on the clutch side. Your 110 is obviously shorter there. And on the flywheel side it has a bend to the rear on the loop, my 111S (and all pictures I've seen) are more or less straight.

Jonsey got away from the plastic flywheels on the 70E. Maybe that'll help nail down a date.

Ignition solenoid? Are you talking about the condensor?

Chris B.

I can try to take some measurements, but just eyeballing it, they seemed to be the same size, height, etc.

You're correct on the condensor; got my terminology mixed up.

Thanks,

Scott

Maybe I misspoke. The gas tanks look the same, true. But the 110 handle doesn't reach that far to bolt on. I see a bracket on yours that extends it down. I simply fit a piece of aluminum bar and drilled it. Obviously, Jonsered decided it was better to eliminate the extra part.

Chris B.

Fellas -

A few weeks ago, I bought an interesting saw from a guy in Sweden. I'm trying to figure out if it's the exceptionally rare one-year-only 110 or if it's a later 111. I've only seen pictures of one 110, and it was on Magnus's site. Hard to tell how to distinguish it from a 111.

Anyway, I cleaned it up a bit and took some pictures of it next to the 111S that I have on the shelf (111S is on the left with the full wrap). Here's what I found -

I noticed a few differences -

1. The 110(?) has an HS112A Tillotson carburetor. The 111S has an HS112B 90. Are these stamped with a date code or does anyone know when these carbs were produced?

2. The top of the 110 cylinder is stamped 10 D 15 - is this a date code? The 111S is stamped 02 B 24.

3. The 110 has a plastic flywheel. The 111S has a metal flywheel.

4. The 111S has a small ignition solenoid. The 110 does not have one.

View attachment 599774

Let me know if you want to see more pictures/details.

Scott

I had a look at a Tillotson carb application chart dated July 1983 and unfortunately the 110 and the 111 both used HS 112 A & B carbs so no help there.

This thread made me wonder if my basket case 111S has a serial#? I can't find one anywhere.
I will be taking a pix or two to put in my pix gallery. It is only a half wrap bar. The gas tank has a small hole in it. :rare2:

ive had 3 110's. my favorite saw ive ever ran actually. had to go through them completely when i got em. the 110 has 1 piece cover up top. id say youve got it right from what i can tell from photos. bums me out seeing one because i only kept one of the 3 and it got stolen about a year and a half ago. if you need parts for em let me know. most likely i can help beins as how i got mine was i happened into a guy whos dad had a saw shop and when he passed away the man got everything. he liked me enough that he let me have free range of everything he has and taught me alot. hes not interested in keeping any of it and its like old saw heaven. new parts galore too.

closer up pics of the area around the carb and coil mount and also both sides would possibly help narrow it down. there are a few very slight details about the 3 models that are different. most people never notice the little stuff.look close at them, you should notice a couple things other than just the cover. decomp valve on top left through top cover, diff type air filter, slight difference in ignition setup, flywheel, handle mount, barely diff throttle link ( think it was the bend and maybe coupl mm length, blah blah, theyre subtle mostlly.

ive had 3 110's. my favorite saw ive ever ran actually. had to go through them completely when i got em. the 110 has 1 piece cover up top. id say youve got it right from what i can tell from photos. bums me out seeing one because i only kept one of the 3 and it got stolen about a year and a half ago. if you need parts for em let me know. most likely i can help beins as how i got mine was i happened into a guy whos dad had a saw shop and when he passed away the man got everything. he liked me enough that he let me have free range of everything he has and taught me alot. hes not interested in keeping any of it and its like old saw heaven. new parts galore too.

closer up pics of the area around the carb and coil mount and also both sides would possibly help narrow it down. there are a few very slight details about the 3 models that are different. most people never notice the little stuff.look close at them, you should notice a couple things other than just the cover. decomp valve on top left through top cover, diff type air filter, slight difference in ignition setup, flywheel, handle mount, barely diff throttle link ( think it was the bend and maybe coupl mm length, blah blah, theyre subtle mostlly.

I'll get some better pics posted. I also sent you a private message.

Thanks!

Scott

Just seen this thread Scott, I have four 111s saws. Of the four only one has the
handle bracket that mounts to the side of the gas tank. It has a full wrap handle
and two piece top cover but no decals. The other three also have two piece top
covers and no handle bracket. Those have decals 111S. One is a new NOS saw.

Just seen this thread Scott, I have four 111s saws. Of the four only one has the
handle bracket that mounts to the side of the gas tank. It has a full wrap handle
and two piece top cover but no decals. The other three also have two piece top
covers and no handle bracket. Those have decals 111S. One is a new NOS saw.

Ahhh, so that's who's been hoarding all the nice 111S's! Just kidding, Lee. Thanks for the input. We've been discussing the full wrap on the Jonsereds sticky, too.

I actually have a few 111S's on the way right now; one from Canada and one from the UK. Neither minty, but one is a runner.

Scott

Scott, When purchasing these 111S's be carful. The biggest weak spot is the gas tank where the
handle mounts. Either the handle or the bracket if it has one comes loose. Then the bolt holes get
messed up and the tank will crack. Seen a few like this.

Scott, When purchasing these 111S's be carful. The biggest weak spot is the gas tank where the
handle mounts. Either the handle or the bracket if it has one comes loose. Then the bolt holes get
messed up and the tank will crack. Seen a few like this.

Thanks for the heads-up, Lee. I'll have to give mine a good inspection.

Scott

Back