• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold JONSEREDS 70E - Very Nice original Musle saw - Collectors? - Trying to pay for medical expenses

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynosawr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello Team,

Unfortunately, three weeks ago, my 16 year old stepson passed away mysteriously. Even with my good healthcare insurance from work, we are left with a huge mountain of Medical bills for ambulances and out of pocket costs in addition to our grief.

I am trying to sell everything from saws, new and used saw parts, equipment, firearms, etc to help us get our heads back above water.

One of the saws that I was keeping as a shelf queen is a very nice Jonsereds 70E that has very low hours, very good paint and very nice overall condition, and it runs very well. This one has one of the 3D printed nylon fans installed, even though the original was still good (It was loaned to a member to make metal fans via cnc and that member stole that fan and a $550 saw that I traded to him to make the fans for me that he never delivered 4+ years ago).

Needless to say, I had a very kind member send me one of the 3D printed fans to try and and I honestly just don't want to use the saw after realizing how nice it is compared to most 70E's. I just recently installed a carb kit and new fuel line and it starts and runs like new and sounds awesome stock!

I have a bar for it, but I realized it is worn after I installed a new Stihl RS chain on it. I can include that chain, but the bar is only a 16" or 18", I can't quite remember, so I would recommend buying another bar instead of shipping this one.

Pics are here on post #185
https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...ooking-saw-thread.205125/page-10#post-6135183

SOLD!

Thanks so much for the kind words MogulMasher.

It is by far one of the best sounding and running older saws I have ever owned and had the privilege to operate.

I'm sorry for your loss....I lost my oldest son as well.

(It was loaned to a member to make metal fans via cnc and that member stole that fan and a $550 saw that I traded to him to make the fans for me that he never delivered 4+ years ago).
This is more and more a familiar story. I can only assume that when chainsaws became particularly collectable and some money is exchanged, it draws these types into the game. Same with people who whine, beg and lie to buy saws dirt cheap and then turn around and flip them for $$$. These people are soulless, ruin the hobby and one can only hope they go out screaming.

Kevin

(It was loaned to a member to make metal fans via cnc and that member stole that fan and a $550 saw that I traded to him to make the fans for me that he never delivered 4+ years ago).
This is more and more a familiar story. I can only assume that when chainsaws became particularly collectable and some money is exchanged, it draws these types into the game. Same with people who whine, beg and lie to buy saws dirt cheap and then turn around and flip them for $$$. These people are soulless, ruin the hobby and one can only hope they go out screaming.

Kevin
I am so sorry for your loss also Kevin.

I feel like the situation is surreal and we are kind of just floating through our lives right now.

Everything feels numb and odd, and to add to that, my Dad, who is very close to us, almost died with a heart issue before getting an emergency pacemaker weekend before last, as his heart completely stopped about 6 times or more in one day that they were monitoring him.
We are praying for peace and to have happiness that we still have our younger boy as well.

I am so sorry for your loss also Kevin.

I feel like the situation is surreal and we are kind of just floating through our lives right now.

Everything feels numb and odd, and to add to that, my Dad, who is very close to us, almost died with a heart issue before getting an emergency pacemaker weekend before last, as his heart completely stopped about 6 times or more in one day that they were monitoring him.
We are praying for peace and to have happiness that we still have our younger boy as well.
Thank you. You never get over it. I lost my son in 2016...he was 31. Only thing that changes is the pain gets dulled from the everyday stuff and time. My youngest son is thriving in Brooklyn....that's something.

I celebrate my son with pics, a candle & cake on his BD and a candle & pics on Thanksgiving and Xmas. Times when we were always together even if he lived somewhere else. I choose to keep his memory alive just short of being obsessional.

I hope the pacemaker works well for your dad....I've known people that had them in over 20yrs with only a little maintenance by the docs.

Kevin

Hello Team,

Unfortunately, three weeks ago, my 16 year old stepson passed away mysteriously. Even with my good healthcare insurance from work, we are left with a huge mountain of Medical bills for ambulances and out of pocket costs in addition to our grief.

I am trying to sell everything from saws, new and used saw parts, equipment, firearms, etc to help us get our heads back above water.

One of the saws that I was keeping as a shelf queen is a very nice Jonsereds 70E that has very low hours, very good paint and very nice overall condition, and it runs very well. This one has one of the 3D printed nylon fans installed, even though the original was still good (It was loaned to a member to make metal fans via cnc and that member stole that fan and a $550 saw that I traded to him to make the fans for me that he never delivered 4+ years ago).

Needless to say, I had a very kind member send me one of the 3D printed fans to try and and I honestly just don't want to use the saw after realizing how nice it is compared to most 70E's. I just recently installed a carb kit and new fuel line and it starts and runs like new and sounds awesome stock!

I have a bar for it, but I realized it is worn after I installed a new Stihl RS chain on it. I can include that chain, but the bar is only a 16" or 18", I can't quite remember, so I would recommend buying another bar instead of shipping this one.

Pics are here on post #185
https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...ooking-saw-thread.205125/page-10#post-6135183

SOLD!
Sorry about your dilemma and debts. It is hard to find trustworthy people. Good luck on getting things sold.

Kevin
Amen!

Back