Jonsereds Ignition SEM Module Substitute

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

histan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a guestion for you Jonsereds experts. Does anyone know if the ignition SEM module on a Jonsereds 52E, 66E, early 70E can be replaced with one of the aftermarket points conversion modules such as the Nova II or something like it ??

Beavis, I'm afraid you may be right. As hard as the SEM module is to find somebody would have done it by now. I may have solved the problem anyway. Cleaned the coil to SEM contact buttons inside the fan/starter rope cover and put a shim under them so they made a more positive contact. The 66E started on the first pull and ran strong. I'm not confident yet, but a cord of wood will tell. I also have a 49SP that I converted back to points/condenser when the NOVA II module failed. It also runs strong for now. Thanks for the advice.

Beavis, I'm afraid you may be right. As hard as the SEM module is to find somebody would have done it by now. I may have solved the problem anyway. Cleaned the coil to SEM contact buttons inside the fan/starter rope cover and put a shim under them so they made a more positive contact. The 66E started on the first pull and ran strong. I'm not confident yet, but a cord of wood will tell. I also have a 49SP that I converted back to points/condenser when the NOVA II module failed. It also runs strong for now. Thanks for the advice.

The gods were smiling on you........if you plan on keeping the saw, keep an eye out for a spare module...they do go south once in a while.

It's really strange... SEM ignitions used in dirt bikes (Penton/KTM, Husqvarna, Husaberg etc) have long become so rare a cottage industry developed to repair/replace them. One would expect the Chinese would be interested in this market as they seem to go after every niche they can find...

Back