june 16th TN gtg,4 cube build off ,racing ,general cookie cutting ,food and fun

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlandrum

dealer,saw builder
Reaction score
well here are the days activities. im going to try and make this gtg a little different than my usual gtg.
were going to have plenty of wood for everyone to cut cookies on,all different sizes and species of wood for long bars and short bars,big saws and small saws,old saws and new saws.

this year i plan to have lots of square wood to race in. we will be having races all day long. i plan to have stock saw,stock appearing gas,stock appearing alky,pipe saw,stock chain races,race chain on stock saw races,3,4,5,cube races,open hot saw. you name it we will race it,got a rooster and a saddle we'll race it. this will be cold start ,hot start on ground,hot start over the wood,you name it..if stumpy wants to race in a thong we'll let him.lol anyone that plans to join in the races will need to buy in to help pay for the cants. id say $10 per person to cover the cants.

this year instead of everyone bringing food or us grilling we will be ordering pizza.we will charge $5 per head for food and drink. i think that would be fair. there will be bottled water on ice all day for every one to drink included in the $5.

i will be getting a circus tent again this year for us to get out of the sun or rain . i will be setting up one circus tent over the top of the wood for the cant racing ,so that we can race, rain or shine all day long.anyone that has pop up tents can set it up if they want.

anyone that wants to come early and camp out is welcome. we usually have a bon fire and food the night before. adult beverages are allowed night before gtg and after gtg.ABSOLUTELTY NOT DURING THE GTG.

i hope everyone that wants to attend can make it a point to come and join in this years fun.

Ya'll are killing me with these threads! I might have to break down and make the drive:hmm3grin2orange:

Well I was interested until ''Stumpy'' and ''thong'' was in the same sentence :laugh:!

How many drive links on the chain races? My square ground would probably suck for a race chain, but I'd like to give it a whirl.

Well I was interested until ''Stumpy'' and ''thong'' was in the same sentence :laugh:!

How many drive links on the chain races? My square ground would probably suck for a race chain, but I'd like to give it a whirl.

I'm up for a chain race too......if I get time to work one over.

build off rules

the saw must fit in the 3.01 to 4.00 cube class

any brand you want to use​

1 the saw must be visually stock appearing with all covers in place and no extra holes

2 you can use any piston cylinder combo oem or aftermarket as long as it fits in 4 cube

3 you must use production chainsaw parts for intake (rubber boot or plastic block from a
factory saw produced saw)

4 muffler can not have pipes longer than 3/4 inch

5 you can use any chainsaw carb you wish to use as long as it has a working/functional
choke and true to the saw filter

6 run whatever sprocket you want

7 we will use 16'' bars

8 send the saw with your own choice of brand round ground chain. You can sharpen the
chain and set rakers for the best cut on your saw.

9 no suqare ground chain

10 no chassy work on the chain (no thinning,no dog boning,no tunneling,no stoning ,no
spinnign down rivets)

11 saw must run on 93 octane gas and 32:1 mix

12 saw must be tuned and ready before it gets to the cutting block

13 there will be one designated saw operator

14 there will be 3 down cuts

15 there will be 3 timers,lowest time thrown out last two averaged,best cut of the 3 counts

16 there will be no whining,moaning,generall pain in my arse biotching about the results

THE ENTRY FEE WILL BE $20 PER SAW TO COVER THE CANT AND THE FUEL AND PRIZES

THE PAYBACK WILL BE CASH PAYOUT TO THE TOP 3 SAWS

YES, I SAID CASH PAY OUT TO THE TOP 3 SAWS

THE PAY OUT WILL BE BASED ON NUMBER OF ENTRY SAWS.

THERE WILL BE $5 FROM EACH ENTRY TAKEN OUT FOR THE PRIZES.

FIRST PLACE %50
SECOND PLACE %35
THIRD PLACE %15

Might be able to get a Northern Posse formed and head down. We'll have to see who is interested in going from up this way!

Let me know if anyone else is interested- we'll talk.

And cheese!!! Don't forget the cheese!!!!!!

Hey hedge, what are you doin on June 16th?? We need to form a posse to head to TN!!!!:rock:

Especially if them cheese heads is gonna be there. My digestive system should be recovered by then to handle some more cheese. Is there gonna be a porta crapper there Terry???:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back