Just an observation on parts suppliers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bret4207

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I went looking for some seals for a saw. Was helped here with a proper/good part# and went searching for someplace that had them. A well known small engine place showed them as "in stock". So I ordered and paid for them. That was 10/3/21. This AM (10/13/21) I get an email stating the part has just been ORDERED from THEIR SUPPLIER and will reach them in 3-5 days! Maybe it's just me, but 10 days waiting to find out they don't even have the freakin' things in stockwhen they said they did is a crappy way to do business. If I was still in the saw biz and I had a logger waiting for parts I'd be in a real pickle.This seems to be how a lot of places do business now which is why I prefer going to the old standby Ebay for most stuff. Those people seem to want to make $$$ by satisfying the customer, unlike the big place that just doesn't seem to care.

Just wait , I bet in 3-5 days you will get another email indicating the parts are on delay from the supplier. I just went through this with 2 different companies and have waited over month to get my parts. Found a small online store and got the parts delivered in 3 days with reasonable shipping. I'll use this company from now on. They don't have everything listed on their site so it didn't show up in my initial search. Just have to call/email and ask for certain part numbers.

This right here is why i havent opened my website back up.....i refuse to be that guy. if its listed on my website it means i have it in stock and should have plenty in stock. you occasionally run low or out of parts but i always tried to email people the next day and give them a timeline of when it would ship if i was out but that was rare.

I believe the parts supply is running low. Been through this lately. Partstree lists NLA. No longer available. Even Farmertec is running out of parts. Plus they never sent my whole order. Stuff for the older saws is getting harder to find. eBay is a better source.

Is anyone watching the prices on the used saws? Must be new parts and used saws in those container ships off Cali. Lol

Yeah, the sites that will sell parts they don't have on hand, but get them from a distributor AFTER the sale, is really hurtin' right now.
I just waited for an order from replacement parts. The shipment was late. Due to their supplier.

This is increasingly common in EU (Sweden).

Countless times I've found stuff "in stock" in a store, only to find they're out when I get there, and usually they STILL list like +10 items left when I show them in the store. It's just silly...

And if you actually order the part, the part that is "in stock" in the store that you're actually standing in, it will turn out to show up three weeks later since it needed to be shipped directly from china.

Amazing!

I try to stay ahead parts wise. In the past I was ordering two parts if I needed on to have an extra in stock. If I had a break down on I can fix it without leaving to go to the store. Luckily my dealer was close to where I was cutting.

I just went through this recently too. Ordered a few saw parts that clearly said in stock on the website and now are “on backorder “ with the supplier/manufacturer. Ruffles the feathers that’s for sure. You figure you will get the parts right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This right here is why i havent opened my website back up.....i refuse to be that guy. if its listed on my website it means i have it in stock and should have plenty in stock. you occasionally run low or out of parts but i always tried to email people the next day and give them a timeline of when it would ship if i was out but that was rare.
As it happens they were seals for a Sachs 133. Jacks seems to think selling what they don't have is a good business practice.

I believe the parts supply is running low. Been through this lately. Partstree lists NLA. No longer available. Even Farmertec is running out of parts. Plus they never sent my whole order. Stuff for the older saws is getting harder to find. eBay is a better source.

Is anyone watching the prices on the used saws? Must be new parts and used saws in those container ships off Cali. Lol
I always try Ebay first, but the only listing was for seals with the wrong part#.

I ordered new decals for my 20 year old Exmark 27/60 and partstree showed sll but 2 of the roughly 17 decals were in stock. 6 weeks later i had recieved 4 decals in 2 shipments..and the others were backordered...canceled the rest of the order, i hate liars

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Even worse is a the supplier that says they are from your own country, then the part is shipped from China. I've complained to eBay about this a few times.

Well buying from a seller’s ebay store is no solution either.

It wasn’t saw parts, but I ordered a rear bumper with tire carrier for my Jeep from Jegs Performance ebay store, on April 21, it showed as IN STOCK, with expected delivery date of May 13.

I don’t recall the date, but Jegs didn’t reply to any emails, and several phone calls before I got a live person on the phone after about 2 Months, to tell me, that they DIDN’T have it in stock, and were waiting on a shipment from the manufacturer.

I was in touch with the manufacturer (Really Importer ) DV8, several times, each time the expected delivery date got pushed further out.

I thought about canceling the order, but I needed the bumper, my spare tire and wheel are considerably heavier than stock, and more weight than I wanted mounted on the tailgate. Canceling the order and reordering from someone else would have most likely put me further down the list to ship to once they arrived, so I just stuck it out, the bumper did finally arrive, the end of August

Doug

Back