Just chipper or with a truck rates

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tterrag6

Reaction score
Hi everyone, over here in central California and I was curious with the fuel prices now what you're charging if you have a daily or hourly rate. It would be two employees running a 12" chipper with just a pickup truck towing it around. Also a chip truck+chipper price would be good as well. Thank you

I would suggest looking for better work than chipping.

Tree care and the cutting are the profit area. I wouldn't even give estimates for people who called in about chipping.

I've had people call in saying I could have the chips if I chipped up their brush.

Or seeing that we sell some firewood and saying I could have the wood if I cut their trees.

Sorry for the 'no answer' to your question but hopefully a little guidance will result in aiming for higher profit work.

Haha yeah I know what you mean I get some pretty ridiculous calls as well. This is for grant work so it wouldn't be going and estimating individuals houses. It would just be driving down the road and chipping piles that homeowners have brought out to the street. So if the price is right I can get a couple guys to just chip basically as a side gig.

Back