Klein gafs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.358 win

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Klein gafs are flat out painful to wear for shorter and shorter times.. They are keeping me from using them... Anyone ever add carpeting or other materials to address painful gafs ? Looking at new ones shocked me on the price.. One time I wore them somewhat comfortably was with the boots I wear on my dirt bike.. Any ideas ?

Our muscle and bone tissues become sensitive to the location of the leather over time. I was in the same boat for a while, but you can order upgraded pads from Opsal, Buckingham, Klein and Weaver for steel gaffs.

When I first got my Kleins they were unbearable to wear. I put the Caddy pads on them--the cast aluminum things with padding inside. Can't remember their proper name. But that was the game changer, made all the difference. I can't imagine wearing those things with the original pads.

When I first got my Kleins they were unbearable to wear. I put the Caddy pads on them--the cast aluminum things with padding inside. Can't remember their proper name. But that was the game changer, made all the difference. I can't imagine wearing those things with the original pads.
Thank You both for the poop on the pads.

Back