Kohlor 9.5 command pro engine on wood splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hcube

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Could someone point me towards where the decompression valve is on this engine. Some times it is real easy to pull to start and other times I can not pull the rope to get it started. It has only done it a couple of times. Usually it is easy to pull and will start on first or second pull. Then again maybe it is not the decompression valve. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your Koehler likely has an automatic compression release built into the cam shaft. It basically open the exhaust valve at low rpm then at higher speed the open duration is far less ( non centrifugal release) or the centrifugal force stops the opening of the exhaust valve and gives full compression

Could someone point me towards where the decompression valve is on this engine. Some times it is real easy to pull to start and other times I can not pull the rope to get it started. It has only done it a couple of times. Usually it is easy to pull and will start on first or second pull. Then again maybe it is not the decompression valve. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mine does not have one. could your carb be leaking gas into the cylinder head? Maybe try running it( carb) dry and then shutting gas off until you are ready to use it again.

Latest posts

Back