Last fire of the year? Bittersweet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a fire on here up till June 20th, still gets cool overnight. It's 9C this morning going up to around 31C today.

I usually look forward to the last burn day :clap:

indoor wood burner. if it goes as planned the fire only gets "lit" 2 times a year.....kinda sorta. one time in the fall and it never goes out until new years when I shut it down for 24 hours for a good mid burn season cleaning. then she is up and running full time until April/may. there ARE a few times at the end of burn season that we only do over night burns tho. that is more of a PITA than anything because you need to use up one small fire just to get the stove hot enough to burn the second load efficiently for the over night burn.

kinda like a boat owner every fall and spring. love to get it going love to put it away.

(ill never own another real boat, I stick to kayaks and canoes now)

How do you clean it when its hot? We go months without it ever getting cold enough to clean it.
I usually wear gloves when it's hot for shoveling out ash in the winter.

How do you clean it when its hot? We go months without it ever getting cold enough to clean it.
Ours doesn't do well holding a fire so it goes out every night. Cold enough to clan a bit and then we re-start each morning Bit of a pain ( but she starts it almost every morning!). Works for us.

I'm not sure if it counts as the last fire for 2022-2023 or the first for 2023-2024 but the neighbors fired up their stove last night. Seemed a bit over the top to me but whatever. I'm weeks away from even thinking about it.

Back