Last fire of the year? Bittersweet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey fellas. Have a OWB and its.time.to switch to the oil boiler for the summer. This thing is in idle mode 9 out of 10 hours and that is not what it's meant for. Is there a.good and easy way to rid this thing of creosote. Sick of multiple.masks and scraping and grinding. I'm hoping there is a easy way or a chemical way to clear up air passages and rid it of some of the black tar that is everywhere. Any info is appreciated

At the end of the season , I put in a lot of paper and burn it hot for a while. The creosote will burn off . Mine turns into a rust color ,, kind of. Then I just scrape it off for the seaosn. However, it is still snowing here in SE WIs. today and 40 degrees . Frost last night too. I have enough wood that I will just burn knotty junky wood that doesnt stack real well. I also burn popple that is in the back yard dying so I dont use good wood for April 22nd. I would just use the furnace, but the wood boiler is hooked up to radiant heat and it is just so much nicer heat. As I get older, I cant stand the forced air furnace heat anymore. The gas fireplace is ok though.. Even in May, if it gets cold , I just start a fire after work and by 8pm the floor is toasty and so nice of a heat. The guests that visit ALWAYS say, what a comfortable home.

Politics reminds me that I am at least smarter than 1/2 the population, probably all of it.
Still burning some at nite.

We got snow 2 nights in a row. Had a warm spell 2 weeks ago so the stove got shut down. She's all cleaned out and put to bed.

One stove lit here early this am. Wet and feels like +3C outside.

Latest posts

Back