Let the firewood fall on the pile.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More fun and it takes away a lot of the backbreaking work Bill.
Clint,

That is a fine piece of equipment to have. I wish I could have shot video of a job I did with by brother and nephew a few months back. I had a fencerow that had been overgrown for way too many years. The fence itself was serviceable so I did not want to doze it all out. I had planned on manually cutting it but that takes alot of time and labor.My brother has 2 crawlers, 2 large/medium ex's and a mini. He called me up one day and said "hey do you want cut that fence today" It turns out the neighbor to the west wanted it cleaned up so he was paying. We went down and cut it all out in a few hours. I am not talking about brush, there were mostly large mulberry around18-30" and narly. I just cut them about 75% and he snapped them off with the ex and thumb. That way you could pick them straight up and not drop them on the fence. It was simple cut, snap, stack then pile with the crawler. Life is fun sometimes:)

Works great. Have it on the edge of the pile so you're not stumbling around and leaning over, then just push them up with the bucket.

This was the most fun cutting I've done in a while.
I skipped several steps doing it this way.

Looks like a fun way to do it and easier too, we can't all be ultra serious saw anoraks telling people you must sharpen this way, you must mix your fuel that way. Sometimes you just want to get to cuttin.

Looks like a fun way to do it and easier too, we can't all be ultra serious saw anoraks telling people you must sharpen this way, you must mix your fuel that way. Sometimes you just want to get to cuttin.
I agree totally Brett.
I've been cutting nearly 50 years. Most of the hoots giving free advice don't have a clue.
A sharp chain and a well running saw are great fun for me.

I agree totally Brett.
I've been cutting nearly 50 years. Most of the hoots giving free advice don't have a clue.
That is true!! I started cutting with a hatchet, moved to a "corn knife" then saw at around 6 ( with supervision) and about 7 on my own.

I agree totally Brett.
Same for me, when I'm out cutting and finish cutting at one spot I'm looking around for what else I can cut.
I have been around boats, cars, small motors, chainsaws etc all my life so know a thing or three but can still learn new stuff, unlike those who think they know more than anyone else and don't need someone tellin them what to do...

More fun and it takes away a lot of the backbreaking work Bill.
can be plenty of it at times! just my thots this afternoon as i cut up a small scrounge the neighbor brought over... long and under 5" diam. as i bent down to cut it into stix... (knees not bent!) i said to myself.... good thing i am in shape!! :muscle:

:givebeer:

I agree totally Brett.
that's what i say!!! gimme a file and some fresh gas! i save the square cuts for when cutting lumber and the grinders for when i am doing metalsmith work... but

each to his own! :)

but i have to add, i don't make a living cutting wood.

The day a guy stops learning is the day he meets his maker.
u r right there BG... more or less, imo. not sure a guy has to learn daily (new things) to stay alive!!! :lol: j/k! i did want to know more about growing successfully corn on the cob... so i went to Corn School... over at utube-U. learned a lot. :cool:

P1010002.JPG

Back