Let the ridicule begin! (your pennance will be reading a very long post.....)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with Snelling, this guy fits right in here. I know all you fools talk to yourselves too. ;) I know I do from time to time. :laugh:

You chose the proper saw for sure if you're like most of us and have to have the best in anything you buy. The troibrake will be OK. I'd definetly dump the muffler for a regular one them you're 346xp will be just like the rest of them.

I wouldnt fool with modding the muffler unless you know you're way around carb tuning. If you want to learn, it''s easy and you can learn it here. There's a few guys on here you can send your saw and around 250 bucks and it'll smoke a 60cc saw. There's nothing better than a ported saw.

Hardhat, helmet, whatever it's all the same. I actually just call mine a hat.

Welcome aboard man. I enjoyed the original post and look forward to more. And yea, we need some pics of the saw and whatever else you want to shoot. Guns, women, tools, we like it all. :hmm3grin2orange:

Welcome to the site!
Now take your saw out and run it so hard it blows up then come back and see how to rebuild it! When that's done name a beer after a chainsaw term and you will corner a huge market!
:msp_thumbup:

Was wondering the very same! Lotsa good breweries in these parts. Just took the recycling in (first time in about a year) and was amazed at the variety, even in my own pile of empties! We sure are spoiled here.

I take them to my neighbor, who brews at home. I go with empties and come back with full ones. It don't get much better than that!

Just don't buy the ones with the labels that are made from something similar to shelf sticky paper. That is hard to peel off. I peel labels and rinse the bottles, which makes the brewer happy.

Where the heck are these pix at?!

Criminy! All day meeting?! Shoot, you're supposed to be burning sick days to go out and cut! Where's yer priorities?

Need the job to pay for the saw! I'll get some pics up tomorrow. I got home late after the meeting, dropping off the SUV at the dealer's for service, and buying my friend dinner for being the limo service. But I think I've got some sort of disease, because the first thing I did when I walked in the garage was fire it up, just to hear it! :laugh:

Which Brewery?

Was wondering the very same! Lotsa good breweries in these parts. Just took the recycling in (first time in about a year) and was amazed at the variety, even in my own pile of empties! We sure are spoiled here.

Global brewer, but with no breweries in the US. Comes in an iconic dutch green bottle! Plus a couple of other well known brands (stay thirsty, my friends.) So I work FOR a brewery, not IN a brewery! I do get a $140/month benefit to buy beer.

What more could you add? Good grief, you covered all the relevant and irrelevant topics so far. Your post may have taken a day to compose but was really only a 5 minute read. Welcome to AS.

Add? I figured I'd have to add some content to address the trolling or punking questions. Someone said post a picture of the wife holding the saw. Yeah, two small problems with that. She's in California with the kids visiting her dad (kids on mid-winter break), and she has no idea I've bought it yet. Plan to keep it that way for awhile. :msp_razz:

Yep you got the disease alright

You better MM the saw also before she gets back

You better go buy a limber also when the wife is gone

:cheers:

1) E-tech - exchange the muffler for an ordinay one. I do want to save the trees from nasty emissions, so that I can cut them down!!! :laugh: But I figured buying a catless muffler wouldn't be that hard or expensive (famous last words.....), maybe even one that has already been modded.

2) Triobrake, and believing the marketing of said feature - harder to fix in a proper way. Yeah, probably a little gimmicky, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.

3) A too long bar for best performance - get a 16" one as your main bar, and use the 20" only when needed.I don't know what the deal is, but every single 346XP and MS261 around here is stocked with the 20" bar. I figured I'd pick up an 18" (or a 16") as the primary bar and keep the 20" as a backup for when I inevitably pinch the bar......

4) You didn't include protective (or at least steel toed) boots in the PPE.I've got lots of sturdy boots now, just none with steel toes. I figure the steel toes are just as much for falling object protection than just cut protection.

:cheers:

Thanks!

Back