lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not my bike obviously, but a bike well worth taking a look at. It's a 1954 Lintu Marilina Aermacchi 250 cc OHV.

149395410_4765589460194366_7290703175478149054_n.jpg

I had one of these while stationed overseas back in the mid 1970's.

54 DUCATI SUPER SPORT 1977.jpg

Ducati 900cc Desmo SS.

dam thats pretty but my fillings just fell out from the vibration. Thats the best looking tank/seat they ever put on a sportster.

thx
got 2 o those seats, one is nos in box.
tank came from feepay, also nos.
it's a xlch, but wanted those on it.
vibes r not bad under 4k rpm. has bigger f sprocket for lower hiway r's.
16" r wheel been swapped for correct 18 also since pic.

I'll tell you what , they just try to damn hard anymore but fail
Those are so sick they make you just laugh .......thanks for posting ,all good stuff BWHAWHA

I had a ‘79 Triumph Bonneville 650, bought it in 1984 for $900. Gold with white pin stripes, completely stock. Had a room mate give me flack because “ a Yamaha could leave it in the dust”. So what. I loved it more than my GF at the time. Wish I still had it.
Gotta get a pic I know my sister took of me giving my Mom a ride across the front yard, both of us grinning ear to ear. I find it I’ll post it here .

Dad was not amused—- he figured I would kill myself on it , plus it drove my Mom to tell us she dated a guy with a bike back on the day (early 50’s) before Dad. The bike had to go.

I had never been on a motorcycle before—- mainly wanted that one because it was featured in the Jethro Tull song : Too Old to Rock and Roll, Too Young to Die. Ahh youth.

Did some tree work around that time and earlier and I wore some muffs one day; other guys ribbed me for it. Wish I had more of my hearing now! PPE was pretty rarely worn then. Saw my boss get knocked to his knees when a chunk landed on his head; wore a ball cap.

I had a ‘79 Triumph Bonneville 650, bought it in 1984 for $900. Gold with white pin stripes, completely stock. Had a room mate give me flack because “ a Yamaha could leave it in the dust”. So what. I loved it more than my GF at the time. Wish I still had it.
Gotta get a pic I know my sister took of me giving my Mom a ride across the front yard, both of us grinning ear to ear. I find it I’ll post it here .

Dad was not amused—- he figured I would kill myself on it , plus it drove my Mom to tell us she dated a guy with a bike back on the day (early 50’s) before Dad. The bike had to go.

I had never been on a motorcycle before—- mainly wanted that one because it was featured in the Jethro Tull song : Too Old to Rock and Roll, Too Young to Die. Ahh youth.

Did some tree work around that time and earlier and I wore some muffs one day; other guys ribbed me for it. Wish I had more of my hearing now! PPE was pretty rarely worn then. Saw my boss get knocked to his knees when a chunk landed on his head; wore a ball cap.
The last T-120 Triumph ( 650 ) was produced in 73, the T-140 ( 750 ) was also produced that yr. I've had my 73 Bonny ( 750 ) since 84. She still runs strong, and likes to mark its spot when parked like they all do!

The last T-120 Triumph ( 650 ) was produced in 73, the T-140 ( 750 ) was also produced that yr. I've had my 73 Bonny ( 750 ) since 84. She still runs strong, and likes to mark its spot when parked like they all do!
Hmmm... I must remember the model year wrong. Definitely was a Bonneville 650 and I bought it in winter 1983/84. Kick start, had to prime the carbs with a little button (tickler valve?). I think now 1973 rings a bell. Would have been the $900 I paid for a 10 year old Triumph in good condition back then been about right? Come to think of it, some of the metal on it that wasn't painted appeared oxidized, so probably older. Gonna find that picture!

Two of my longtime, childhood friends had Triumph's. One was a 650 and the other a 750. Not sure of the exact years though. Both bikes weren't in the best of shape, and not all that dependable. But, they liked um.
this was a collaboration with Triumph. Nice bike.

Attachments

• BSA 750 - Copy.JPG
    BSA 750 - Copy.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 19
I always thought the Rocket 3's were butt ugly, but I put quite a few miles on a Trident, and I liked it.

I always got a kick out of going to a Triumph dealership and seeing all the NEW bikes sitting there, with drip pans under them!! lol

SR

I came real close to buying a Silver Jubilee in 78. i decided on a GS 1000 instead. Later on I redeemed myself with a 77 Norton commando interstate.

Back