lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an opportunity to pick one of these up w/0 miles on it. Friend of a friend who knows someone kind of a deal. Price has been heavily discounted. Gonna think on it some.

nice,, but what the servicing cost per mile

Oh the my 1974 TL125 vs 1980 TL 200

thumbnail_IMG_0906.jpg

nice,, but what the servicing cost per mile

Oh the my 1974 TL125 vs 1980 TL 200

View attachment 1084886

Service cost per mile? I don't yet have a clue. That's one thing I'm going to check into. Another thing is, it has a lot of bells & whistles I don't need or want. That's just extra stuff you are paying for and will cost you some more money down the road when they go bad.

I'm not into touring bikes, and it's close to one. I don't tour so why pay for all the extra things that makes one a touring bike. My 2003 BMW R1150RT is closer to one than what I really wanted, but I bought it anyways.

I'm really trying to figure out if I want to cross that line and go with it. Here's a picture of what I have already.

P1090110.JPG

I have an opportunity to pick one of these up w/0 miles on it. Friend of a friend who knows someone kind of a deal. Price has been heavily discounted. Gonna think on it some.

I looked and drove one in 2017 don’t know if it has changed all that much . In all honesty I didn’t care for it and I did the three day test ride over a weekend so I had plenty of seat time . Didn’t like the foot position or the shift and some of the controls were weird . I took a Goldwing for a ride the following week and bought one within a week
If you ride a similar bike you may like the BMW
20200621_163611.jpeg

I looked and drove one in 2017 don’t know if it has changed all that much . In all honesty I didn’t care for it and I did the three day test ride over a weekend so I had plenty of seat time . Didn’t like the foot position or the shift and some of the controls were weird . I took a Goldwing for a ride the following week and bought one within a week
If you ride a similar bike you may like the BMW View attachment 1085077

How in the world did you wrangle a three-day test ride? That's kind of unheard of.

OK, just decided I should post a picture of another bike in the garage!

1982 xs650.JPG

This is my 1982 XS650 Heritage Special, picture actually makes it look better than it really is, guess you could call it a "survivor". See I more or lest rescued it from a shed when some farm boys left it after they got tired of it. Just happend to be there with some other motorcycle friends buy in corn for a cook-out and the father of the farm boys asked if anyone was interested in some old motorcycles. Well I just had to look, being two of the three were XS650's and I had a rat bike XS650 I rode to work I offered $100 each for the 650 but ended up with the two 650's and a 400 for that $200.

Just something the dealer was offering . I took it on a Friday afternoon returned Monday . Believe it was a rental bike

Wow! I've been around and riding m/c's almost all of my life. I've bought my share of new bikes, and test rides were available, but I'm talking like under an hour.....at most.

Several years ago, I did test ride a new Buell. I rode up on my BMW, so I guess the dealer felt I was a safe risk. He told me to take my time and not worry about it, as long as I was back by 5:30 when they closed up.

That Buell was pathetic. I've never rode a bike that shook so bad. It was bad enough to blur your vision while at a stop. Anyways, I returned it long before I thought I would.

We have a new BMW dealer here locally, and I've been in several times. But, their selection is very limited. I might drop back by this week and have a chat with them. ;)

Sweet bike but you can't buy it for $700 or get parts from Amazon. Mine is a california bike that found its way to Michigan. It gave its last 2 owners fits by just intermittently turning itself off. It came with the factory service manual that was loaded with all the testing they had done trying to figure out the problem in penciled notes. After much pain, "it stalled and fell over on an incline and burned my leg in 3 places" I resolved to fix it. I won. Fixed it with a set of needle nosed pliers without spending a dime. A pin in an array of about 20 pins connecting the control module to the wiring harness was about 1/64 of an inch short. I pulled it and it snapped into place. It has a sprag that had never been engaged in 34 years. Now that it is making full contact it runs perfect.

Sweet bike but you can't buy it for $700 or get parts from Amazon. Mine is a california bike that found its way to Michigan. It gave its last 2 owners fits by just intermittently turning itself off. It came with the factory service manual that was loaded with all the testing they had done trying to figure out the problem in penciled notes. After much pain, "it stalled and fell over on an incline and burned my leg in 3 places" I resolved to fix it. I won. Fixed it with a set of needle nosed pliers without spending a dime. A pin in an array of about 20 pins connecting the control module to the wiring harness was about 1/64 of an inch short. I pulled it and it snapped into place. It has a sprag that had never been engaged in 34 years. Now that it is making full contact it runs perfect.
Yer avatar is pretty sweet! 👍

Latest posts

Back