ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc
Gold Clip Capital

Lets see your boating/ fishing pictures!

wood4heat

wood4heat

Addicted to ArboristSite
Got out fishing off of Pacific City with my Dad and Uncle on Saturday.

Some fishing action off of Haystack Rock. This may have been the flattest ocean I have ever seen:

by wood4heat on Arboristsite.com

My first Ling Cod of the day:

My Dad with the biggest Ling of the day:

And beaching the boat to head home:

Back at the house with our limit on Lings and a couple Sea Bass by 11:00 :

Marine5068

Marine5068

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hunting for Trophy Musky in Lakes of Southern Ontario Canada.
Here's a good one from Moira Lake a stone's throw from my place.
49" with a nice, fat girth and weighed in at 34lbs.
She hit on a "figure eight" move at the side of the boat.
Lure was a blue/ silver Double Cowgirl in-line spinner bait.
Jeremys 49incher Moira Aug. 28small.jpg

Marine5068

Marine5068

Addicted to ArboristSite
Smallmouth Bass are abundant in Ontario.
Some record fish weigh in at over 9 lbs.
We have these ice-aged gouged out lakes here made from some of the oldest and hardest rock on earth in our Canadian Shield.
You never know what lurks in these deep, dark and rocky lakes.
Here's one 4lber from Georgian Bay near Manitoulin Island.
Hit on a cast Matzuo "nano minnow" crankbait on a rocky shoreline near Strawberry Island.
4pounder11s.jpg

Dave Hadden

Dave Hadden

Addicted to ArboristSite
Here's my all wood Tyee rowboat at its mooring spot.
Season starts July 15th. but rarely are any caught before August.

Here's what we are trolling for.
Me holding a 45 pound Tyee I rowed two years ago.
I'm 6'2" and about 200 lbs. for comparison.

In 2012 I won the Dr. Richard Murphy Trophy for rowing two new members into the Tyee Club of BC.
Here's me (in hat) receiving it at the AGM in 2013.

I've been fishing for 65 years more or less and have caught lots of salmon, trout and steelhead, as well as all the ocean bottom-fish we have here too.
Now I mostly fly fish for trout and summer run steelhead and row for Tyee during the season.
Keeps me in good shape if nothing else. LOL

Ironically, I used to surf along the Washington and Oregon coasts back from about 1978 to 1982 most summers as we got no surf where I lived during that time of year.
Haystack Rock brought back a couple of memories.

Take care.

Dave Hadden

Dave Hadden

Addicted to ArboristSite
So this morning I checked out this new rowboat I'd heard about that was built by the same guy who built mine.
The one I have is the one he built for himself and is a really nice boat with lots of neat features, BUT, the newest one he built is even prettier than mine.
Here's a pic I just took of it and apologies for the reflection that mars it but geeze this boat is pretty. Cherry wood and lots of decorative inserts really make it distinctive IMHO.
In addition there is a small solar panel to keep the battery charged up that powers the lights built in to the boat.

I can't wait to see blood in it.

I also noted a few of the rowers here are getting their boats on the dock and are ready to go.
Note really low tide today with a big flood all afternoon which hopefully will bring some fish with it.
We're anglers. We're eternally hopeful. :laugh::laugh:

Some of you may have heard of Painters Lodge here as it's quite famous and marketed around the globe.
My buddy lives next door and I often boat over for a visit. This is Painters fleet of Boston Whalers minus a number that are still out fishing.
Been pretty good so far this year.

Take care.

alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Daughter lives in Wisconsin and sent me this picture of a monster Wisconsin fish from her vacation this year.
411563298.jpg

I take great joy on picking on her. In case you were wondering she is a breast cancer survivor, cross country runner and Opted not to have reconstruct surgery.

:D Al

wood4heat

wood4heat

Addicted to ArboristSite
Some of you may have heard of Painters Lodge here as it's quite famous and marketed around the globe.
My buddy lives next door and I often boat over for a visit. This is Painters fleet of Boston Whalers minus a number that are still out fishing.
Been pretty good so far this year.

Take care.

I LOVE a Boston Whaler! AS a kid I used to visit a cabin on Odell Lake in Central Oregon. Beautiful lake full of Rainbow Trout, Mackinaw Trout, and Kokanee! The family that owned the cabin were good friends and had a Boston Whaler. We would ski behind it, fish out of it, and just cruise the lake on it. They are great all purpose boats!