• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Lickity Log Splitter repair or parts list manual.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomers1971

Reaction score
I recently got this log splitter through some bartering and want to know more about the thing. Splits anything I throw at it from my woods. My plan is to restore it to it's original form. I know it was built in Piqua, Ohio but that's all I know about it.
Any info would be helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time in regards to this thread.
Boomers71,

Attachments

• IMG_20210818_173636.jpg
    IMG_20210818_173636.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 1
I recently got this log splitter through some bartering and want to know more about the thing. Splits anything I throw at it from my woods. My plan is to restore it to it's original form. I know it was built in Piqua, Ohio but that's all I know about it.
Any info would be helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time in regards to this thread.
Boomers71,
I have on that was made in the 50's. My problem is I can't get parts for it, because no body makes them anymore. My spring broke in side the large cylinder that retracts the wedge. Unless somebody knows where I can get a spring for it.

I have had one of these for a couple decades has never given me much trouble. When it broke the return spring I replaced with an old garage door spring that I cut down to length. It has been working like this for at least 10 yrs. The spring return is so fast compared to most others. I do not have a manual as I bought used.

built in the 60's
did you know that it will drop right down on the ground for big logs to be rolled up on it?
used one when I was a kid back in the 70's
last I heard it went to NY state up by Alder Brook somewhere and disappeared, never to be seen again.

The previous owner had welded the axle to the tank before we bought ours. I now know what the extra things were used for. That he gave us when we bought it. We always thought it was for some sort of lifting mechanism. Still the best splitter I have ever used.

Latest posts

Back