Lightweight bar for a 357xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@jws , you'll have a hard time with that request...I just spent the last couple days on the same mission... it's the 3/8 pitch aspect that kinda buggers things up. The only two I could easily find (albeit NOT specifically a Lite version) were a Oregon PowerMatch bar PN#180RNDK095 and a Tsumura Pro-Solid PN#385FV4 .

It's likely Oregon back in the day made a Pro-Lite 18" bar in 3/8th so if you dug deep enough you might be able to find NOS someplace.

I'm thinking the difference in weight between any of the PowerMatch, Pro-Solid, or Pro-Lite is going to be fairly negligible...especially since you're talking about a 18" bar. I get the impression nobody is too concerned about a significant reduction in the bar weight until you start looking at 24", 28", 30"+ bars.

All you have to do is put a 3/8 nose on it..man.
And then it just becomes a 68DL chain (in this case) I would presume...? I'm following through with clarification for continuity and correctness with respect to the original question.. because I jumped the gun and f'ed up :)

I doubt there’s much difference in weight as well. Probably best off going with a new Oregon versaCut vs trying to find a prolite bar. Or go up to .058 chain, I know where you can find a prolite 18” bar in that gauge...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back