Lil red problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootrj2003

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got a few things I’m really good at but chainsaws are not my best although I did get 4 back on line this week,my little red has not been used for a couple years, but it fired up so basically good ,I disassembled it after and cleaned all the garbage out,well most of it.and back together,it fires runs rampant then dies ,the primer bulb is broke,so strike one, strike two is it has those two limiter type screws and I don’t know how the adjustment process works with them,good riddance would be my solution if I knew the proper procedure,it has a Dj8j plug in now which is kind of wrong but fires the fuel and is not Damaging anything .I do have the proper ECO 3 plug but it does not make contact in the boot,so the right one don’t work the wrong one does!this lil red has ran well before,used it for years,my main saw now is my XL 12 best starting saw ever,and a Poulen I just brought back from the dead I also have an XL 1 that is in pieces being surveyed for service but it seems to be a project for awhile.any help here is appreciated.

Back