Little helmets for little heads. Recommendations?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We have a new climber on our crew with a small head, and they can't seem to get the ear muffs on our standard Vertex Petzl helmet to fit right over their ears. Their head is 20.5 inches / 52 cm in circumference. Which places them just under the normal fit for most helmets. We looked at the child helmets and lol big surprise they don't come with the kind of safety compliance features standard to the helmets we use. They tried on a Protos and that fit, but honestly a new Protos isn't something I'm super keen on pulling the trigger on at the moment. Anyone have any recommendations?

Same problem here. Protos on the smallest setting fits good and it's SO comfortable. With the kind of work being done I would think that the extra cost is a drop in the bucket, unless the entire crew starts whining for one. :laugh:

Can he wear a do rag, buff, or hoodie under his helmet? I wear a do rag.
a hoodie has been the temporary solution, but as the weather warms up it'll be less practical. I probably also need to make triple sure that the adjustments behind the ears are done properly. I've gone over it once, but they were splitting off to another job, so still not 100% sure that it isn't on the user end.

Latest posts

Back