ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Log attachment for wheel loader

northmanlogging

northmanlogging

The gyppo's gyppo
I'm looking at a similar machine that is for sale in my neck of the woods, ad says it's a 63- 64 euclid with a jimmy diesel. Have you had luck finding parts for your machine like brakes and other non common replacement stuff? I'd like to avoid having to buy ransom priced repair parts for it if that's how these are. Thanks and nice work on your up fit.
GMC Detroit (destroyt) diesels are ridiculously common parts and what not everywhere for them. Anything hydraulic is all LEGO parts (i.e. any hydraulic shop can get parts). Axles can be troublesome if they are weird, but you can probably get parts for them even if they are weird and its likely got a Clark or Allison trans so those are common enough. Brakes and clutch stuff can be relined as needed as long as the metal bits are hosed. everything else can be NAPA sourced, or fabricobbled to make do.

mountainguyed67

mountainguyed67

Addicted to ArboristSite
Have you had luck finding parts for your machine like brakes and other non common replacement stuff? I'd like to avoid having to buy ransom priced repair parts for it if that's how these are.

I had the brake power clusters (an air cylinder bolted to a master cylinder) rebuilt, the other brake components were available new or rebuilt, brake shoes were good, wheel cylinders are available new https://www.ebay.com/itm/334057898957?epid=74389887&hash=item4dc76703cd:g:1LcAAOSwVZBeVltB. There are 2 different wheel cylinder part numbers, this is one of them. Each wheel has two cylinders. The Terex dealer had about half of the other stuff I asked for. Other places have stuff too, some do have ransom prices. Overall it hasn’t been too bad. As the other guy sad, a lot of this is common stuff.

mountainguyed67

mountainguyed67

Addicted to ArboristSite
Plus I recently got confirmation that the transmission can be rebuilt, a place in Dallas has everything to do it. Exchange price is almost nine thousand, he said about $5,500 if in running condition. Allison doesn’t have the parts anymore, but they do.

mountainguyed67

mountainguyed67

Addicted to ArboristSite
A lot of what I’ve done with the machine is here.

woodsplitta

woodsplitta

ArboristSite Member
Thanks for the info but I missed the machine by a few days. Person that bought it was shipping it to South America according to the seller. Asking price was a grand and seller stated brake and steering work was needed but the machine was operable. Probably just as well, I have too many projects going already.

mountainguyed67

mountainguyed67

Addicted to ArboristSite
I’ve been rounding up the log forks/grapple parts. They were here, but scattered. I just found the cylinder mounting pins today. Only thing left is the bolts to hold them in, and I won’t know what size until I go up there. I’ll take all the bolts with me. I need to go through the cylinders also. I did one already, but don’t know if I got the backup ring in right. I need to check. The other I couldn’t get the pin out of the tube/barrel end of the cylinder, so I dismantled it and brought the internals down. I need to clean those up and install new seals, then wrap and load for the trip up. I have new hoses too, I’ll install all that up there. This has been put on hold while I swapped in a turbo engine with 42 hours. It’s running now, only a few things to take care of and I’ll be using it. Still need to wire the diverter valve and controller. Snow could shut me down at any time, but even if that happens I’ll be ready early next season.