Log attachment for wheel loader

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking at a similar machine that is for sale in my neck of the woods, ad says it's a 63- 64 euclid with a jimmy diesel. Have you had luck finding parts for your machine like brakes and other non common replacement stuff? I'd like to avoid having to buy ransom priced repair parts for it if that's how these are. Thanks and nice work on your up fit.
GMC Detroit (destroyt) diesels are ridiculously common parts and what not everywhere for them. Anything hydraulic is all LEGO parts (i.e. any hydraulic shop can get parts). Axles can be troublesome if they are weird, but you can probably get parts for them even if they are weird and its likely got a Clark or Allison trans so those are common enough. Brakes and clutch stuff can be relined as needed as long as the metal bits are hosed. everything else can be NAPA sourced, or fabricobbled to make do.

Have you had luck finding parts for your machine like brakes and other non common replacement stuff? I'd like to avoid having to buy ransom priced repair parts for it if that's how these are.

I had the brake power clusters (an air cylinder bolted to a master cylinder) rebuilt, the other brake components were available new or rebuilt, brake shoes were good, wheel cylinders are available new https://www.ebay.com/itm/334057898957?epid=74389887&hash=item4dc76703cd:g:1LcAAOSwVZBeVltB. There are 2 different wheel cylinder part numbers, this is one of them. Each wheel has two cylinders. The Terex dealer had about half of the other stuff I asked for. Other places have stuff too, some do have ransom prices. Overall it hasn’t been too bad. As the other guy sad, a lot of this is common stuff.

Thanks for the info but I missed the machine by a few days. Person that bought it was shipping it to South America according to the seller. Asking price was a grand and seller stated brake and steering work was needed but the machine was operable. Probably just as well, I have too many projects going already.

I’ve been rounding up the log forks/grapple parts. They were here, but scattered. I just found the cylinder mounting pins today. Only thing left is the bolts to hold them in, and I won’t know what size until I go up there. I’ll take all the bolts with me. I need to go through the cylinders also. I did one already, but don’t know if I got the backup ring in right. I need to check. The other I couldn’t get the pin out of the tube/barrel end of the cylinder, so I dismantled it and brought the internals down. I need to clean those up and install new seals, then wrap and load for the trip up. I have new hoses too, I’ll install all that up there. This has been put on hold while I swapped in a turbo engine with 42 hours. It’s running now, only a few things to take care of and I’ll be using it. Still need to wire the diverter valve and controller. Snow could shut me down at any time, but even if that happens I’ll be ready early next season.

Pin on buckets/attachments can be a real PIA to get hooked up. Hope you figure out your diverted valve issue. The one I have on the Kubota is pretty straight forward. 2 lines in, 4 out. Push a button and my curl function works the aux port on the loader. Don't know what style you got though.

Hope you figure out your diverted valve issue.

It’s probably just not getting power, a friend told me how to test it. It’s magnetic, he said remove the magnet part and have someone pull the trigger inside the cab. If it magnetizes, it’s working. We might go up tomorrow and check it out.

It’s probably just not getting power, a friend told me how to test it. It’s magnetic, he said remove the magnet part and have someone pull the trigger inside the cab. If it magnetizes, it’s working. We might go up tomorrow and check it out.
Yep same way mine is actuated. The connector on the coil on mine has a tattle tail light built into it. Whenever it's energized it has a little red led light that turns on. Handy feature.

We tried to magnetize the solenoid by pulling the trigger, nothing. Then we put the wire that’s supposed to bring power to the solenoid directly to the battery 24v, nothing. Then we also put the ground wire to the battery, it magnetized a little. My son said when he really squeezed the alligator clip lead to the ground wire, it magnetized stronger. We put the solenoid back together and tried it with the grapple hoses connected, it still moved the tilt cylinders. I used the really tiny gauge wires that came with the controller, now I’m thinking it needs thicker gauge to make the magnet work.

Back