Log splitter motor question (Hydro locking)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a recall on those engines, if I remember right it was a fuel cap causing to much pressure and allowing some sort of fuel leak.
ok just stop touching small engines and go back to paying other to fix them for you. Christ on a ghey mule.... play with **** and figure it out on your own.

I have the same splitter as you have. Mine has a fuel shutoff valve on the engine kill switch lever. When in the engine off position the fuel is turned off as well.

The CH395 on my Oregon splitter has a round air filter with fuel shutoff and choke levers near the bottom of the filter housing.
Mine does too but it's not a fuel pitcock, it's just an ignition kill switch. It has two wires that goes to a little button switch.

• ALWAYS turn the fuel shut off valve on the engine to the “OFF” position before towing the log splitter. Failure to do so may result in flooding the engine and damaging engine oil.

This is in the LSP4001 YTL 40T owners manual no less than 3 times.

Mine does too but it's not a fuel pitcock, it's just an ignition kill switch. It has two wires that goes to a little button switch.

That is for the fuel shutoff solenoid. In later models they eliminated the on/off switch completely and just use the fuel solenoid.

I use a hemostat to pinch off the fuel line. Seems to work just fine.
Constant pinching off of the line will damage the line after a while . Why not buy an inline fuel shutoff ?

On a side not I installed one of these on my 68 Chevy fleetside . My tank is a keg in the bed and when it was parked down hill it would flood the carb due to the pressure . The unit is a fuel tank switch it’s suppose to be hooked up to a rocker switch but I hooked it up direct to ignition on the fuse block . When it’s powered it switches to tank two . Unpowered it goes back to the tank one . I just put a cap on the tank one inlet port . Turn key on it switches to my fuel tank key off it cuts the fuel off . Very simple . The indicated port is for tank one that I capped . Would work if you had a 12v power source . You never forget to turn off the fuel IMG_7124.jpegit’s just an electromagnetic switch

Constant pinching off of the line will damage the line after a while . Why not buy an inline fuel shutoff ?

On a side not I installed one of these on my 68 Chevy fleetside . My tank is a keg in the bed and when it was parked down hill it would flood the carb due to the pressure . The unit is a fuel tank switch it’s suppose to be hooked up to a rocker switch but I hooked it up direct to ignition on the fuse block . When it’s powered it switches to tank two . Unpowered it goes back to the tank one . I just put a cap on the tank one inlet port . Turn key on it switches to my fuel tank key off it cuts the fuel off . Very simple . The indicated port is for tank one that I capped . Would work if you had a 12v power source . You never forget to turn off the fuel View attachment 1114719it’s just an electromagnetic switch
Good point. I can and will add a fuel cut off pitcock when I get around to it.

Back