Log Splitter- Yard Machines - 31 ton - Hydraulic Hose Replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwilber

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 31 ton yard machines by MTD log splitter (Model 196432) Briggs and Stratton engine. Just bought it used, everything works as it should. While transporting it home the hydraulic hose came off. I put the hose back on and replaced the hydraulic fluid, while testing it out the hose came off . Long story short the hose needs to be replaced. Does anyone know what hose this splitter takes
(see photo of hose) THANK YOU !!

IMG_6217.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6245.jpg
    IMG_6245.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6219.jpeg
    IMG_6219.jpeg
    449 KB · Views: 12
Is it used as a return or pressure hose? Your pictures arnt super clear. If it's pressure it's gonna cost a bit, if it's the return something other then a double braid hose can be used and will be more economical.

Is it used as a return or pressure hose? Your pictures arnt super clear. If it's pressure it's gonna cost a bit, if it's the return something other then a double braid hose can be used and will be more economical.
I'm not sure what hose it is, just know it's for the Hydraulic. The machine parts I'm still learning. It's the hose that goes in the hydraulic fluid tank. I can take a better photo and attach it might not be the best quality because of the rain. Thank you for your help. :)

Yeah an overall picture would be best, either way a hydraulic shop can fix you right up. I just assumed when you said it popped off it's a return hose, and a pressure hose shouldn't just pop off and you be able to reattach it.

Any hydraulic place worth there weight can make you a new one. Also most auto parts stores can also make up new hoses. Just take the old one in to use as a sample.

Back