Lombard 44 Help Needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelag

Reaction score
Hello,

Just joined today.

I picked up a Lombard 44-2892 2211824 with a AH47 Engine at a flea market. It also has a David Bradley 09874M bar. Starts and runs OK.
(1) What is the proper oil/gas mix for this motor?
(2) Is this the proper bar or where can I get a proper bar ? What would be the proper bar size for this saw?
(3) I removed bar and looked at the clutch area. No, oil in the chamber. Just that spring loaded cap on top for an oil can to squirt in oil ? Should that champer hold oil ? Or do you just give it 5-10 squirts daily ???
(4) Does anybody have a pic or a restored saw ? What is proper color and where do I buy decals?
(5) Where can I buy service or repair manuals?
(6) I could use a new drive sprocket for the chain. Where can I purchase one ? (Along with other misc parts)
I am guessing this is either a 1957 or 1958 saw. Right or Wrong??

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely yours,
Nelag

Welcome--I have a similar saw.Go to the Chainsaw Collectors Corner and search for your model-good info. This is a gear reduction saw. Put two drops of engine oil 15-40 weight etc. daily at spring loaded cap. After a while it will run out the bottom of the gear case--this is normal. I removed my chain sprocket and flipped it around for new teeth that the chain will contact. I use a david bradley on mine. Just make sure when you pump oiler it gets oil to groove in bar where chain rides. I run modern 2 stroke oil at 40 to 1 or a little more in my old saws--I like to see some smoke in exhaust.That is 1/2 inch chain- Use a 1/4 inch file to sharpen I believe. I need to cut with mine--Fun-loud and makes the biggest chips and kerf in the log you will ever see--Keep us posted--Pictures would be Great--David --South west Georgia :drinkingcoffee:Mine is a sears but same basic design. You have a float carb and a automatic oiler that comes through the hollow center of the crankshaft. Sprocket should have a hole from center to gear teeth. Works off centrifugal force.SUNP03261.JPG

Welcome--I have a similar saw.Go to the Chainsaw Collectors Corner and search for your model-good info. This is a gear reduction saw. Put two drops of engine oil 15-40 weight etc. daily at spring loaded cap. After a while it will run out the bottom of the gear case--this is normal. I removed my chain sprocket and flipped it around for new teeth that the chain will contact. I use a david bradley on mine. Just make sure when you pump oiler it gets oil to groove in bar where chain rides. I run modern 2 stroke oil at 40 to 1 or a little more in my old saws--I like to see some smoke in exhaust.That is 1/2 inch chain- Use a 1/4 inch file to sharpen I believe. I need to cut with mine--Fun-loud and makes the biggest chips and kerf in the log you will ever see--Keep us posted--Pictures would be Great--David --South west Georgia :drinkingcoffee:Mine is a sears but same basic design. You have a float carb and a automatic oiler that comes through the hollow center of the crankshaft. Sprocket should have a hole from center to gear teeth. Works off centrifugal force.View attachment 916821

Thanks for the info. I will have to work on understanding how to post a pic. The man I bought the saw from said he got it at a garage sale from a widow. He said it does not have an automatic oiler, like newer saws. He said any oil added to the oiler tank will be used up until it stops running out. Meaning not to put oil in the tank until ready to saw and when you stop the oil will continue to flow out of the tank until empty. True or false I do not know yet.
OK. I got you on how to oil the inner gears through the small cap.
I did not see an "oil pumper" for the bar oil. I will have to look more closely and see if I have one.
Nelag

I have a large book of Lombard literature including illustrated parts list and sales promotion stuff.

I’ll look thru and see if an operator’s manual is present.

Send me a name & address where I can send copies using the private message feature.

Back