• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Found what I was looking for.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason I ask is I have been down this road many times. A saw that runs but needs a bit of TLC and after sending pics and checking it over the guy says well my budget is $100

The reason I ask is I have been down this road many times. A saw that runs but needs a bit of TLC and after sending pics and checking it over the guy says well my budget is $100
That makes sense. Was hoping to spend less than $500 but anticipating at least $300. Again, I don’t want to pay $500 for something that’s been crushed and also don’t expect to get a mint saw with a scored cylinder for $300

If Bill doesn’t have anything for you, I probably do.
That would be the best bet. I have some rough stuff but the better will be at or above the budget. A man must stay within his means so nothing wrong with a budget. The real sad think is the shipping. I got a real shock yesterday on one. That will take the fun right out of some things

I got fiddy cent like usual
It happens all the time. I am hoping to go pick up another set of rear tractor chains over the weekend. I talked with the gentleman about 8-10 years ago about them and then we lost track of each other. Last week I put an ad up on CL looking for a specific size and the guy called within 24hrs. We never talked price nor did I ask for pics. He has 6 sets so we will sort through and then get down to business. Mind you this man has to spend hours digging these out and sort them by size. I need a specific size that is darn tough to find. There are not many folks running iron on160hptractors. My point is I am not sure what to expect but one thing is I sure as heck will not be lowballing or tire kicking. If he has what I need there will not be negotiation and they will go in the truck.

Bill G, Lightning Performance…

$300-$500 for a basket case/builder 066/660 is a fair range in my opinion. Is it not? Fill me in if I’m off the reservation here! Neither of you have offered anything for purchase on this thread. Please keep you preconceived notions to yourselves.

Bill G, Lightning Performance…

$300-$500 for a basket case/builder 066/660 is a fair range in my opinion. Is it not? Fill me in if I’m off the reservation here! Neither of you have offered anything for purchase on this thread. Please keep you preconceived notions to yourselves.
Sir I would sincerely appreciate knowing what you mean by saying ..."Please keep your preconceived to your yourselves".... I am puzzled. You put up a want ad and I replied asking what your budget was. When you posted a budget I clearly and respectfully said......
That would be the best bet. I have some rough stuff but the better will be at or above the budget. A man must stay within his means so nothing wrong with a budget. The real sad think is the shipping. I got a real shock yesterday on one. That will take the fun right out of some things

Sir I would sincerely appreciate knowing what you mean by saying ..."Please keep your preconceived to your yourselves".... I am puzzled. You put up a want ad and I replied asking what your budget was. When you posted a budget I clearly and respectfully said...

The assumption that I’m trying to get something for nothing and then continuing to comment as such. If you’re not going to offer to sell me something that I’m asking for, why bother commenting? If you’re not interested in offering up something move on.

@Lightning Performance, you too. I never once said $50-$100. Please just scroll on and keep your smart ass comments to yourself if you have nothing constructive to add.

Attachments

• 6B7042DC-19AB-4CB4-9C2B-906E6BBCE0EC.png
    6B7042DC-19AB-4CB4-9C2B-906E6BBCE0EC.png
    473.6 KB · Views: 0
The assumption that I’m trying to get something for nothing and then continuing to comment as such. If you’re not going to offer to sell me something that I’m asking for, why bother commenting? If you’re not interested in offering up something move on.

@Lightning Performance, you too. I never once said $50-$100. Please just scroll on and keep your smart ass comments to yourself if you have nothing constructive to add.
I have quoted the ONLY posts I made in reference to you so I believe you are a bit confused.

Back