Looking for a Denver/Foothills tree/shrub expert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimnty

Reaction score
We have two issues we want to solve once and for all, and want expert advice, both in selection of trees/shrubs and help in arranging the planting. Help, please and thank you?

I live in Boulder County, front range. I am not an expert, but am a knowledgeable tree guy (professional even). Might be able to help. I do know what grows up here, and what can be coaxed to grow.

You can private message me. I'll help if I can but will not string you along it it's something I am unknowledgeable about.

You did PM me, and I replied. Then it all went dead. The Arborist Site has been buggy lately which could account for it.

Give me an idea of your specific dilemma and I'll know better if I can address it. I'd be willing to come down and look at your situation without charge, but only if it's something in which I have expertise. What woody plants do you want to grow, and in what circumstances? I know woodlands best. Suburban landscaping I am least interested in and have least knowledge. (Have just sent you this by PM.)

You did PM me, and I replied. Then it all went dead. The Arborist Site has been buggy lately which could account for it.

Give me an idea of your specific dilemma and I'll know better if I can address it. I'd be willing to come down and look at your situation without charge, but only if it's something in which I have expertise. What woody plants do you want to grow, and in what circumstances? I know woodlands best. Suburban landscaping I am least interested in and have least knowledge. (Have just sent you this by PM.)
OK, that makes me feel better. I tried to view your second reply and it gave me an error. So...
1) We used to have a "privacy hedge"/large leafy, tall bushes with multiple shoots from the ground that I cut down too short one season and they died. I have a picture of what they once looked like, but can't name them. We tried to replace them with lilacs and they are not thriving. Not sure if it's a drainage issue, the darn deer or what. Just want something to reestablish some semblance of privacy, but will still look nice.
2) we have a brick-walled section in our front yard where we had a newer tree die there and want advice on a replacement.
Thanks, kim
3/s!x6se^en1f@ur2e!ght

OK, that makes me feel better. I tried to view your second reply and it gave me an error. So...
1) We used to have a "privacy hedge"/large leafy, tall bushes with multiple shoots from the ground that I cut down too short one season and they died. I have a picture of what they once looked like, but can't name them. We tried to replace them with lilacs and they are not thriving. Not sure if it's a drainage issue, the darn deer or what. Just want something to reestablish some semblance of privacy, but will still look nice.
2) we have a brick-walled section in our front yard where we had a newer tree die there and want advice on a replacement.
Thanks, kim
3/s!x6se^en1f@ur2e!ght
If you are looking for a year round privacy hedge, about the only thing that fills the bill are junipers... if you don't mind losing the foliage half the year dogwoods are a good choice.

Latest posts

Back