Looking for arborist report writing advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cynfawr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been writing reports for my own removals and for a local architect for a while now. I'd like to increase the quality of my reports as I'm not happy with them.
Right now I write up my observations, recommendations, tables etc. in google docs, then add all my pictures in the same document. Then I hand draw my replanting plans, TPZs etc.
I do this by printing out the architect's drawings on large scale paper at staples and adding to that whenever possible.

I'm wondering if anyone has advice on software that would be worth my while? I know there are a few CAD type programs available to make the maps look better, but not sure which are worth laying out money for. I don't think I do enough reports in a year to be spending thousands on software, so hopefully something exists in a lower cost bracket. I probably only do about 12 per year as I mostly focus on pruning and removal.

I think google docs works pretty well for most of the written section but adding in pictures of the trees is messy. Does anyone have a good way of displaying all their pictures in a table of some sort maybe?
I recently went and bought a decent DSLR camera and am glad I did so. Picture quality is greatly improved over using my phone camera.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I've been writing reports for my own removals and for a local architect for a while now. I'd like to increase the quality of my reports as I'm not happy with them.
Right now I write up my observations, recommendations, tables etc. in google docs, then add all my pictures in the same document. Then I hand draw my replanting plans, TPZs etc.
I do this by printing out the architect's drawings on large scale paper at staples and adding to that whenever possible.

I'm wondering if anyone has advice on software that would be worth my while? I know there are a few CAD type programs available to make the maps look better, but not sure which are worth laying out money for. I don't think I do enough reports in a year to be spending thousands on software, so hopefully something exists in a lower cost bracket. I probably only do about 12 per year as I mostly focus on pruning and removal.

I think google docs works pretty well for most of the written section but adding in pictures of the trees is messy. Does anyone have a good way of displaying all their pictures in a table of some sort maybe?
I recently went and bought a decent DSLR camera and am glad I did so. Picture quality is greatly improved over using my phone camera.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.
I write 40 to 50 job proposals a year. Until the app called JOT for iPads became obsolete it was a great sketch tool. But the developer did not keep pace with changing times. My three devices are Apple but they’re rather aged so I can’t consider the Apple Pencil. Good luck with your search and please keep us posted on what you find out there.

Back