• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Looking for Titan 70, Efco 8200 and Solo 681

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swedesawsfan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking for a few saws that are on my bucket list. The main one is a McCulloch Titan 70. I had a pretty nice one about 10 years ago and for whatever reason, I ended up selling it. The other 2 I would like to find are an Efco 8200 and a Solo 681. I don't mind if they need some work other than crank bearings since I don't have the tools for that. Thanks!

I'm in Canada and talking to a guy who has a 681 among other saws for sale. Not sure if its all OEM still but think he was asking 850-1k. Not sure what they're worth or worth to you? Could get his contact info. PM me if interested

I'm in Canada and talking to a guy who has a 681 among other saws for sale. Not sure if its all OEM still but think he was asking 850-1k. Not sure what they're worth or worth to you? Could get his contact info. PM me if interested
Thanks for the line Steve. I'm not really sure I want one bad enough to pay that kind of money, but I decide I do, I will send you a message.

Swede, I may be getting a Solo 681 in January 2022.
Give me a little time, I'll look into it closer... I'm about 80 % positive the Solo is a 681.

Give me a little time, I'll look into it closer... I'm about 80 % positive the Solo is a 681.

Ok Den, let me know when you know. There is no rush on any of these, just figured I would start looking.

Just sold a Solo 680 on eBay about an hour ago. Have a 667 I may be selling too. No 681 though.
As familiar as I am with many brands of saws, I am pretty unfamiliar with Solo. I got a 103cc Solo years back that I traded towards port work on a 2171 Jonsered, that guy was thrilled to get it. The 681 is the only model I really have knowledge on and I have a thing for muscle saws. I appreciate the feedback though and will keep you in mind!

Hello Swede.
I went out by the guy with all the Solo saws today. He has about (4) 654, and (5) 656 saws... but no 681. Sorry about that.
I originally thought he had one of the 681 saws... but the garage was kind of dark and I did not pay real close attention the first time I was out there.

Hello Swede.
I went out by the guy with all the Solo saws today. He has about (4) 654, and (5) 656 saws... but no 681. Sorry about that.
I originally thought he had one of the 681 saws... but the garage was kind of dark and I did not pay real close attention the first time I was out there.
Hey Den, no need to be sorry! It's not a big deal. I'm not in a huge rush to get these saws, just figured I would start looking sooner than later.

If you find two let me know I'd be interested in a solo 681 as well I have a Makita 7900 an efco 8200 so now I would like the 681 I have a thing for those 80cc saws

If you find two let me know I'd be interested in a solo 681 as well I have a Makita 7900 an efco 8200 so now I would like the 681 I have a thing for those 80cc saws
I couldn't talk you out of that 8200 could I?? Lol. I've got a 181SE Husqvarna I am almost finished with if trading is your thing.

Sorry I just picked it up but I just saw one on market place for 750 perhaps it's still available I would check dude claims it's really low hours looks nice

Latest posts

Back