Looking to learn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSE

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have owned a gas-powered chainsaw for about 5 years and am in need of using it (have several fallen trees). I am still new to the outdoorsman stuff and also realize that I have a lot to learn. So, I get very anxious every time I use my saw. I’m trying to learn more by watching videos on YouTube about cutting safety and technique, as well as proper maintenance of the saw. I’m here to learn over time, ask questions, and hopefully once I’m more experienced, contribute more to the conversations. Thanks!

Welcome RSE.

The best way to learn is by doing. Make sure you have all your PPE and use it, and start small. If you have fallen trees, start with the smallest limbs. Consider always tension and compression and cut accordingly. Get used to the saw and work your way towards larger limbs. Keep your work area clear by shutting down the saw and moving material out if your way. Ask questions and use pictures. Many here happy to help.

Back