Lowe’s husqvarna scandal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie294life

Brush Popper and Amateur Tree Butcher
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just rebuilt a trimmer I bought from the junk pile at Lowe’s, it’s a 525l. Looking at the specs you can buy a 525ls from the dealer that has .10 hp and a metal skid plate. Any ideas how they skinned .10hp? Both units look identical and seem to share the same parts, just as always the one purchased at Lowe’s has to suck compared to the real deal.

Used to be manufactures made two versions. The consumer grade junk sold at box stores and the better and professional/commercial grade sold at dealers. I haven’t been in one of those stores in a long time so I can’t say that’s still the case but I see no reason why they would change their “built to meet a price point” strategy. I’m fortunate enough to have good lumber yards, supply houses and a few good power equipment dealers around. I can spare the anger and frustration of wasting time in a Lowe’s or homedepot.

Looking at both blowups, the same part numbers are used by both trimmers, except for the cutting heads and shields, and an odd note on the drive shaft.
shaft.PNG

The scandal the way I see it is selling via website stuff without the EPA ratings and clean air index that the major players need to be in this market.

Define skinned .1 maybe the above is a possible answer.
The Lowe’s version lost .10 hp on paper? Not sure where it could have went unless it’s just an advertising scheme. Putting a metal skid plate in something doesn’t give the engine .10 more hp.

Back