Mac 10-10 Automatic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hank Z

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was basically dropping off metal at the local recycle collection folks in my town and low and behold, there was a Mac 10-10 Automatic in a pile of chainsaw stuff, it had a broken rope, I fixed it, cleaned it, re-gapped the plug, filed the chain, checked the bar added chain oil and then came the point to add a fuel mix
I have no clue of the gas to oil ratio, got on the web looking around and found ChainSaw Collectors corner that provides a lot of facts, and states the Mix is 20:1! I did a small mix but, that just sounds like overkill and lots of blue smoke till it gets going and not sure where they got the number.
I Have looked for a manual, found one for a later 610 that states 40:1 But cannot find any info on the actual Mac 10-10 automatic. I venture it is someplace on this site, will start looking more. Any direct help is appreciated! Stay safe!

Nice find and everything's better on the site with pics. You may earn a "you suck" award in the right thread and welcome!

Nice find and everything's better on the site with pics. You may earn a "you suck" award in the right thread and welcome!
Thanks and looking ahead to a "you suck" award! It will be my first on Arborist but at age 80, there have been plenty more in life! I will contemplate some pics!

80 !!!....Excuse my manners, Sir you suck. I had to pay 20 bucks for one without a bar and chain, missing the clutch side cover. Hank you did great, me not so much.

80 !!!....Excuse my manners, Sir you suck. I had to pay 20 bucks for one without a bar and chain, missing the clutch side cover. Hank you did great, me not so much.
Ohh Boy! My first "you Suck" I shall cherish it! ! I gotta get ready for #2! Same recycle place and a Stihl 012 AV! Still working on it! More Later!

Latest posts

Back