• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Mac 3200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labans

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to add a small chainsaw; I currently run a Partner S55, which is a beast.
Have a chance to buy this 14" Mac 3200, but am not familiar with this later model. Last Mac I owned and ran was in 1969 with a 36" bar and it was a beast also!!
Can anyone share some info and ideas on whether or not this is a worthwhile purchase.
Seller claims, "McCulloch chainsaw in good working condition, $100"
Thanks in advance1643410870822.png

I have the 3216 version. Lotsa oompf for a little saw. Saw is 15-20 years old and spare parts are NLA.
Coupla things:
1) better to get the anti vibe version. Lotsa vibration for a small saw. Expect to have to change both the oil and gas lines. You will have to
completely dismantle the saw to get to them. Search online for pictures to figure out the line routing. Parts are very tightly packed inside the saw.
Watch out! Lotsa broken fuel tanks at the spout cuz the cap makes contact with the frame when you tighten it up. You need to file away the
plastic frame to clear the cap. There's no service manual, only an IPL
Would I spend $100 for it? Maybe 50....or get an older (non strato)
Poulan 42cc saw that you can get parts for?

Latest posts

Back