mac pro 10-10 auto gas in exhaust

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not on the diaphragm side, the other side with the aluminum cover.
Diaphragm side it's gasket then diaphragm.
Pump side the gasket goes against the cover.

Don't give up on it! I know it's frustrating/annoying. I've had several saws that I almost threw in the trash because I got so mad at the carbs, but I kept at them, knowing that it was something probably silly that was causing a problem. I have yet to find a saw/string trimmer/lawn mower/snow blower/etc. that I haven't been able to fix a carb on. Some of them were a monumental PITA, but doable.
Actually... I take that back, there was one (I think on a string trimmer) I had to replace but that was because it had a check valve in the body that was unserviceable. :)

thanks guy,so to be clear on the pump side i put in a new pin and lever then the new gasket then the diaphragm then the cover,new level is jst touching a straight edge,now QUESTION ,on the other side how does the gasket or gasket's go.is there just one or two on this side.thanks,. was careful when i first took apart but i at first missed gasket on pump side.wish i had a diagram of the carb. in a parts type view.thanks again for all and any help,will get it going i hope.it is an sdc wrobro carb.

Are you trying to start it on choke all the time? Mac's are notorious for easy flooding. My 10-10 auto will start first pull every time with no choke after sitting for a couple days.

The side with the metering lever and the diaphragm is the metering side the side that has the thin piece with the cutouts is the pump side
The metering side is gasket against the body then the diaphragm.

The pump side is thin piece against the body then the gasket toward the cover.

The pump side is the side with the aluminum cover that says SDC.

when i have primed with gas in plug hole ,a small amount i start with choke open.this is after i just put carb. back on. i will remove thecarb. and look at the pup side i think i just used the thin tan one with the flaps and a gasket but will confirm that later today having trouble opening up the pdf file.thanks for more things to check.

thanks for the blow-up so there is 3 pieces 3,4and5 ,could you help me with which one is which,assume one ids the light tan is that 3,4,or 5and no sure about the other 2.thanks for all the help and sorry fo being a pain,i think i have them right but not sure,to cold right now to take carb.off in garage and don't want saw in the house with the gas smell,going to be warmer tomorrow so i will get it off and check it.thanks again for the help really appreciate it

thanks for the blow-up so there is 3 pieces 3,4and5 ,could you help me with which one is which,assume one ids the light tan is that 3,4,or 5and no sure about the other 2.thanks for all the help and sorry fo being a pain,i think i have them right but not sure,to cold right now to take carb.off in garage and don't want saw in the house with the gas smell,going to be warmer tomorrow so i will get it off and check it.thanks again for the help really appreciate it

No problem.

Looking at the diagram I posted, the upper left side is referred to as the pump side, Lower right, metering side.
Most SDC carbs have a steel cover on the metering side and a cast aluminum cover on the pump side.

A few (but not yours) will have steel covers both sides.

For the pump side, the line up for the diaphragms and gasket is,

from the carb, first one on, the black diaphragm (pump diaphragm) against the carb body.
Next one on is the tan colored one (check valve diaphragm)

Next is the the gasket.
There usually two gaskets supplied in the kit. If you give the SDC model number of the carb I can tell you for sure which gasket. Failing that, use the thin one.
Next on is the cover.

I find it easier to stack the gasket and two diaphragms onto the locating nubs on the cap and then holding that, turn the carb over and locate the cover and gasket / diaphragms on the carb.

I hope that helps. Ask away if you have more questions.

No problem.

Looking at the diagram I posted, the upper left side is referred to as the pump side, Lower right, metering side.
Most SDC carbs have a steel cover on the metering side and a cast aluminum cover on the pump side.

A few (but not yours) will have steel covers both sides.

For the pump side, the line up for the diaphragms and gasket is,

from the carb, first one on, the black diaphragm (pump diaphragm) against the carb body.
Next one on is the tan colored one (check valve diaphragm)

Next is the the gasket.
There usually two gaskets supplied in the kit. If you give the SDC model number of the carb I can tell you for sure which gasket. Failing that, use the thin one.
Next on is the cover.

I find it easier to stack the gasket and two diaphragms onto the locating nubs on the cap and then holding that, turn the carb over and locate the cover and gasket / diaphragms on the carb.

I hope that helps. Ask away if you have more questions.

boy i must ave been in another world when i did the rebuild,first i missed the gasket on the metering side ,now i see i missed the gasket on the pump side,thanks Tim i put the tin one on ,first pump to body then thin tan one then thin gasket,hope i got it now,tough getting old lol. got to go somewhere now so will try to getting it running tomorrow if we don't get all the snow,really hoping i got it this time,thanks to all the help on here.would like to get it going and put a 25 inch bar on it for bucking,it should handle that ok don't you guys think.thanks againJim

sorry guys for not posting,got real busy and then hurt my shoulder some so after i got it back together i have not tried it,will for sure try to start tomorrow as it will be warmer also,keeping my fingers crossed it will run good,after all the help here .will post my finding .thanks

well i got time to monkey some with the 10-10 and not much luck got the gaskets all straightened out,carb. back on and it will run maybe 5 secs . not sure what to do next it is cold here so squirting gas into intake and trying to start with choke open, with choke closed and with half open but no luck,leaned high jet in some no luck did the same each time, just got tired of pulling on it . might go back to the old levering meter and pin??. thanks for any more ideas.

Back