mac pro 10-10 auto gas in exhaust

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the info. on removing the brass insert. i will need to order a new carb. kit as i do not think i can get the welch plugs out without ruining them along with a new check valve kit. now i wish i had just left the saw the way it was as it would run good most of the time before i started monkeying with it. it seem s to have good compression when i hold it by the starter cord and let it hang down. will get the kits ordered and go form theregie my arm a rest from pulling on it.thanks again for the help, well get it going yet i hope

thanks for the info . Tim.just an update i let the saw sit for a day no prime ,pulled twice on choke and started saw on half choke then pushed choke in it ran but only in Wot. i could not get it to idle and then saw quit. would not restart. when it was running it was still getting gas in exhaust and on the ground it turned the grass black and was wet,hope this helps but will get a kit ordered,thanks again

thanks for the info . Tim.just an update i let the saw sit for a day no prime ,pulled twice on choke and started saw on half choke then pushed choke in it ran but only in Wot. i could not get it to idle and then saw quit. would not restart. when it was running it was still getting gas in exhaust and on the ground it turned the grass black and was wet,hope this helps but will get a kit ordered,thanks again
I'm working on a Mac 10-10 that does the same thing. I just ordered a check valve kit too. Hopefully we both get them fixed :)

well it will be a bit before i can do anything my check valve has been back ordered,but will post when i get it installed and tried Tim thanks for the place to order Jim

well it will be a bit before i can do anything my check valve has been back ordered,but will post when i get it installed and tried Tim thanks for the place to order Jim
The best I have found for complete carb kits is discount marine parts. Plug that in to your search and they come up. Lots for everything and all parts included. Not to mention a complete parts diagram with your orders.
Yes, they are a little expensive, but it’s all there and they know their stuff. Every SDC kit comes with the check valve pieces.
I struggled with issues like you are talking about and finally decided to pop those Welch plugs and replace the check valve. I’ve heard they hardly ever need replacing but I’ve had to do this on three carbs. Once fixed, the saws run perfectly

thanks they said my check valve should be coming soon but if not i will check them out,i sure hope that is my problem ,i might have damaged it when i changed the welch plug the first time,keeping my fingers crossed.thanks again

thanks they said my check valve should be coming soon but if not i will check them out,i sure hope that is my problem ,i might have damaged it when i changed the welch plug the first time,keeping my fingers crossed.thanks again
The fact that you've been through with the rest of the carb pretty much narrowed it down.
The only other thing that will drowned out a saw with fuel is the ignition system not working properly.

thanks i did not have any trouble with wet exhaust or flooding before rebuild so i think you are correct in it being the check valve before it just did not run good at WOT sometimes.thanks again hope this is the last thing to fix haha the fun of working on old things,but the saw is in such good shape and i like running it.

thanks i did not have any trouble with wet exhaust or flooding before rebuild so i think you are correct in it being the check valve before it just did not run good at WOT sometimes.thanks again hope this is the last thing to fix haha the fun of working on old things,but the saw is in such good shape and i like running it.
Well if it gives you any more trouble after the check valve, I'll mail you a known good carb I've got.
Its good to have a spare or 6 ,haha.

another question the idle screw is on the side looking from the handle and is on the left, any idea where is a good starting point for it with the high and low at 1 1/2 turns .thanks Jim

hi ,i did not forget about this threat ,i am still waiting on my check valve kit it was back ordered and should be ship on Jan, 2nd or 3rd i hope. then will get it installed and let you know how it works,hoping that is what it is replaced everything else i think.thanks Jim

Back