Making Solo Stove More Efficient ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Witterings

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've just bought a Solo Bonfire Stove and I do think it's good ... however so much of the heat goes up in the air as opposed to radiating out of the sides, if you hold your hand and run it a few inches away from the outside wall in an upward direction, the second you get above the top of the stove it's 5 X's hotter so whilst sitting in a chair your face is warm, your body not quite so warm and legs / feer colder ... if you stand up next to it again you just get a whole load more heat.

I was wondering about digging a hole in the lawn so you get more of the heat and wondered if anyone had tried it.

The other alternative I have a broken gas patio heater, the umbrella like heat deflector came away when it got blown over in a storm and was thinking about finding a way to suspend it over the stove so it reflected some of the heat down which might help create a wider area of heat with more of it reaching your body / legs ... although that'd probably look pretty awful and the "right" height would be important so it doesn't stop your face getting heat but also so it's not head height / in the way when sitting so you can't see people sitting opposite.

If anybody has any comments or other suggestions I'd be interested as well?

Back