Makita 7300 vs 565 vs 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootsie

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys,
It’s been a minute since I was last here. I am in the market for a new saw and need some help deciding. I have purchased the Makita and it arrived today. I am having second thoughts as I was talking to the Makita tep and he informed me that they are moving away from gas powered OPE. The 7300 has already been discontinued, I happen to find one instock. I know the 372xp is legendary and would be a great choice with support for years to come. The 565 has also caught my eye. Lighter than the 372, less hp but more torque. I tried the search function and couldn’t find anything useful on the 565. Dealer support is very strong in my neck of the woods for Husqvarna. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Bootsie

I don’t think you could go wrong with the 565 or 572, very well built strong running saws, 372 would be great too, just depends on if you want the latest and greatest and auto tune and what not, I have a 572xp but haven’t had a chance to break it in yet

Id keep the 7300

JMO

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]
My only concern with the 7300 is the lack of dealer support in my area as well as the fact that Makita is getting out of the gas powered equipment in the couple of years.

Are You using saws commercially?
If not why worry about failures on a new saw!?
Feed her a healthy fuel mix with quality oil tuned right and keep Your chains sharp and that 7300 will serve You years to come.

7300/7310 parts should remain available for a fair while, simply stock up on the wearing and small parts.

Your concern about the 7300 is warranted. I bought a Dolmar 7300 (same thing) that had been straight gassed, figuring to put a new piston & cylinder on it. But come to find out, not available, not anywhere. I did put a 79 cc top end on it, which is what most people want. But if you need other parts, you could be hunting for them.

The 372 is the sweetest saw I've ever run. You won't go wrong with a 372.

Your concern about the 7300 is warranted. I bought a Domar 7300 (same thing) that had been straight gassed, figuring to put a new piston & cylinder on it. But come to find out, not available, not anywhere. I did put a 79 cc top end on it, which is what most people want. But if you need other parts, you could be hunting for them.

The 372 is the sweetest saw I've ever run. You won't go wrong with a 372.
They aren’t available because when they burned up, everyone bought the 7900 kit instead. Can’t imagine they sold too many 7300 cylinders even while they were in production

i dont know why anyone would even think about buying a 7300 when a 7900 is 750 pho and the 7300 is at best 50 cheaper. same basic weight and size of saw but more power...I'll take a 7900 over a 372 every day. know next to nothing about the 565 so cant comment on it

i dont know why anyone would even think about buying a 7300 when a 7900 is 750 pho and the 7300 is at best 50 cheaper. same basic weight and size of saw but more power...I'll take a 7900 over a 372 every day. know next to nothing about the 565 so cant comment on it

He already bought the 73. So giving him reason to keep. ;)

Hey Nate. :cheers: :drinkingcoffee:

Do you have 7900's in stock yet?

Hey guys,
It’s been a minute since I was last here. I am in the market for a new saw and need some help deciding. I have purchased the Makita and it arrived today. I am having second thoughts as I was talking to the Makita tep and he informed me that they are moving away from gas powered ***. The 7300 has already been discontinued, I happen to find one instock. I know the 372xp is legendary and would be a great choice with support for years to come. The 565 has also caught my eye. Lighter than the 372, less hp but more torque. I tried the search function and couldn’t find anything useful on the 565. Dealer support is very strong in my neck of the woods for Husqvarna. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Bootsie
I would buy one of the Husqvarna saws you mention. It is not a wise decision to buy a Makita,
you already know they are stopping production of gas saws at the end of this year, there is no
way they will be keeping a lot of parts laying around, as that means keeping a factory open on
a reduced staff basis, its not going to happen, Makita / Dolmar won't tell you this as they want to
sell you all they can before production stops.
I am a big Makita / Dolmar fan, they made great products, I had a 7900 a 6100 and now only own two EA4300
saws, I like them a lot, but am going to let them go if I can get decent money for them, I already had trouble getting
parts. People will say parts will be around for a long time, I wouldn't count on it, and when you do find them the
sellers will know what to charge for them.

In Canada the 7900 is between 200 and 300$ more.

Thanks for all the input. I know the 565 is the latest and greatest technology. The 372 has been around for quite a while and has huge following as well as massive aftermarket support. I returned the 7300 and found a new 372 in stock locally. I pick it up next week when I get home from my work trip. Thanks again

I would buy one of the Husqvarna saws you mention. It is not a wise decision to buy a Makita,
you already know they are stopping production of gas saws at the end of this year, there is no
way they will be keeping a lot of parts laying around, as that means keeping a factory open on
a reduced staff basis, its not going to happen, Makita / Dolmar won't tell you this as they want to
sell you all they can before production stops.
I am a big Makita / Dolmar fan, they made great products, I had a 7900 a 6100 and now only own two EA4300
saws, I like them a lot, but am going to let them go if I can get decent money for them, I already had trouble getting
parts. People will say parts will be around for a long time, I wouldn't count on it, and when you do find them the
sellers will know what to charge for them.
7900 i am betting parts will be available for a long time. 32, 35, 36, 4300, 6100 i am betting that in 4 to 5 years parts will be starting to go obsolete.

I am basing this on past experience and i know they are shutting down production but makita is about making money and 7900 parts sell so i am betting on them keeping them around for a long while.

I am also hoping they do since i have a ea7900 heated handle saw plus 2 NIB ones as spares. 4300s i am even more stocked up on....3 in use plus 2 spares NIB. the 4300 i will be stockpiling some spare parts just in case.

Latest posts

Back