Makita 7300 vs 565 vs 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a 6100 last year and I really like it. Fordf150 are there any parts that you would recommend to buy now before they disappear. It’s a great firewood saw and I’d like to keep it going for a good while.

I just got a 6100 last year and I really like it. Fordf150 are there any parts that you would recommend to buy now? It’s a great firewood saw and I’d like to keep it going for a good while.
ignition coil and maybe some air filters. havent really sold many parts for them or had any real issues. maybe had 2 bad coils but since dolly coils are kinda known to be iffy i would hoard one.

My pick of those would be the 372xp, followed by a 572xp. No experience with the dolly in question. Would rather the 572 over the 565 with nearly another hp on tap and nearly the same weight the extra power would be welcomed. Price difference is marginal between the two as well. About $930 for the 565 and right at the $1k mark for the 572.

Thanks for all the input. I know the 565 is the latest and greatest technology. The 372 has been around for quite a while and has huge following as well as massive aftermarket support. I returned the 7300 and found a new 372 in stock locally. I pick it up next week when I get home from my work trip. Thanks again
Very wise decision, there must be hundreds of thousand of 372 saws out there for parts if and when they stop making them.
Makita did a bad thing dumping the gas powered market, I wouldn't count on them being there for a part when I need it, the dealer
I bought a saw off wouldn't even return my email never mind price me up the parts I wanted.

7900 i am betting parts will be available for a long time. 32, 35, 36, 4300, 6100 i am betting that in 4 to 5 years parts will be starting to go obsolete.

I am basing this on past experience and i know they are shutting down production but makita is about making money and 7900 parts sell so i am betting on them keeping them around for a long while.

I am also hoping they do since i have a ea7900 heated handle saw plus 2 NIB ones as spares. 4300s i am even more stocked up on....3 in use plus 2 spares NIB. the 4300 i will be stockpiling some spare parts just in case.
Not everyone can afford three 4300 in use and two spars, the dealer wouldn't even return my email inquiry for parts, and another shop cut the cord overnight, dumped Makita, the word is out, and I would imagine the leftovers when production stops will be cheap to the dealers to empty the shelves.
Good luck to anyone why buys one, I consider Makita second to the chinese with their greed for money and lack of foresight.

Not everyone can afford three 4300 in use and two spars, the dealer wouldn't even return my email inquiry for parts, and another shop cut the cord overnight, dumped Makita, the word is out, and I would imagine the leftovers when production stops will be cheap to the dealers to empty the shelves.
Good luck to anyone why buys one, I consider Makita second to the chinese with their greed for money and lack of foresight.
4300s are dirt cheap and since they do 99% of my cutting i own several plus one was my step dads that i inherited when he passed. i have a collection of saws to use....counting the NIB ones....5x4300/421, 3x7901, 5105H, 6100, 620.......5105 only gets used demoing houses and such.....6100 and 620 i dont know where they are....they might of burned up in the fire since i havent seen them since before the fire.

collection saws....3x9000 and a couple other dollys.

my collection of saws...running ones, NIB, as well as the pile of parts saws are all essentially paid for by the shop, not me and i have never once paid retail for a saw other than 10 years ago when i bought a 361 stihl so i do have that advantage

I will bet you money on that cheap to dealers statement....makita will keep them full priced to us right up until the very last one is sold. greedy remember

4300s are dirt cheap and since they do 99% of my cutting i own several plus one was my step dads that i inherited when he passed. i have a collection of saws to use....counting the NIB ones....5x4300/421, 3x7901, 5105H, 6100, 620.......5105 only gets used demoing houses and such.....6100 and 620 i dont know where they are....they might of burned up in the fire since i havent seen them since before the fire.

collection saws....3x9000 and a couple other dollys.

my collection of saws...running ones, NIB, as well as the pile of parts saws are all essentially paid for by the shop, not me and i have never once paid retail for a saw other than 10 years ago when i bought a 361 stihl so i do have that advantage

I will bet you money on that cheap to dealers statement....makita will keep them full priced to us right up until the very last one is sold. greedy remember
Well am not a Dolmar / Makita dealer, and the EA4300 is 460 euro in Ireland, which is not dirt cheap, but no one does them now,
they are practically extinct.
I agree about the saws remaining the same price to the public, but I think the dealers will get discounts to clear them off.

Well am not a Dolmar / Makita dealer, and the EA4300 is 460 euro in Ireland, which is not dirt cheap, but no one does them now,
they are practically extinct.
I agree about the saws remaining the same price to the public, but I think the dealers will get discounts to clear them off.
dealers wont get any discounts i guarantee that.....when the 6400 was discontinued we actually got a price increase on them. in the states the 4300 is 320..dirt cheap compared to anything built close to the same quality

I've owned the NE 372 sold nowdays. Plus the OE 372 IMO the better saw the name was made with 371 372 OE.

The newer strato XT 372 sold now is ok too. But it is no 7900 in the cuts. Owned all 3.

But if I was buying a 372. I would get me a OE 2020 for 800 shipped in PHO. ;)

Pics of the newer I sold. Friends OE 2020 x4 of them now we can get shipped in.

h3722013.jpgh3722020.jpg

I ran my 372XP all day yesterday. I did some pro bono work for a disabled guy in my neighborhood. I only took one saw, so I used it to fell the trees, limb and buck. The trees were Lombardi poplars and not too large DBH. I had a 20" bar and 24" bar with me. I started out with the 20" bar and just kept it on all day. The 372 with that 20" bar is a dream to use. Very nimble and well-balanced. I was thinking that limbing would be a challenge with a bigger saw, but I was very pleased with how well the 372 worked. The rig wore a freshly sharpened chain and I was smiling the whole time.

I used to have a Dol-Kita Frankensaw that started life as a 6401 that I put a 7900 top end on. That saw was my mid-size "go-to" saw for quite a while. However, the Dol-Kita just never felt quite as user-friendly, nimble and comfortable as the 372. I realize that "felt" is a very subjective term, but it is what it is. The 372XP just feels way better. I will say this though...the Dol-Kita did a better job at oiling the bar/chain than the Husky does.

JQ

Another nice saw is an echo 7310 if you can find one. They run good and are simple and easy to work on. No autotune. Parts are very reasonable too.

Back