Makita/Dolmar 6421 mount issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had a Makita/Dolmar 6421 for a couple of years, haven't used it a lot yet. Just got a 28" Woodland Pro bar D009 mount, it seemed to fit fine but the alignment of sprocket to bar wasn't right. Finally figured out the bar wasn't sitting flat against the bar mount plate, both studs had the wide 14mm part (which should be recessed) sticking out from the bar mount plate 1/8", as if it was meant to be that way. But the front one had been ground down some so the alignment was off. I rewrote this post a dozen times as I slowly figured out what was going on. I went so many crazy ways and theories with this before finally removing the studs from the saw to see what was going on and figuring out that the washer-like 14mm part of the stud separating the inner threads from the outer threads was mounted on the outside of the bar mount plate when it was supposed to be on the underside of the plate. Simple as that. Whoever owned the saw before me must have messed with it and screwed that up.

Back