Makita/Dolmar questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EchoShindaiwaMakitaDolmar

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello,

New guy here who just posted in the intro forum. I joined for the wealth of knowledge y'all have demonstrated on the topics of saws, tree work, climbing.

I'm looking for a new red/orange Dolkita saw; I realize Makita are no longer making them and are done with gas powered tools.

I'd like to find a new one at a discontinued price, but that's not easily done. If any of you see a new Dolkita pro saw- at a bricks and mortar store or from an internet dealer- from 61cc to 79cc, please let me know. To be clear, this isn't a WTB ad because I want new and not pre-owned, respectfully.

I own a newish Echo 620p/24inch, and an Echo PPT 2620 pole saw with the 4ft extender. Both have been great.

I have the opportunity to order a Dolkita 61cc/20inch, or a 79cc PHO, but I'd have to pay about MSRP for either, despite my assumption Makita is discounting them to dealers.

Does it make sense to buy a second 60cc class saw with the idea of having a 20" bar on one and the other saw a 24"?

Or would you instead buy the Dolkita 79cc with the idea of running a 27-32" bar on it, and reducing my 620p to a 20 inch bar?

If I were to own two 60cc class saws, which of those would be the better platform for a mod/port job- the Echo 620p or the Dolkita 6100?

In stock form, which of the two is a more appropriate host for a 24 inch bar and chain vs the 20 inch bar?

It's not a matter of me needing a Dolkita- it's a want, but I'm also open to the practicality aspect of saw head CCs and bar sizes combinations.

I'm looking forward to your opinions.

Thanks

Hello,

New guy here who just posted in the intro forum. I joined for the wealth of knowledge y'all have demonstrated on the topics of saws, tree work, climbing.

I'm looking for a new red/orange Dolkita saw; I realize Makita are no longer making them and are done with gas powered tools. I'd like to find a new one at a discontinued price, but that's not easily done. If any of you see a new Dolkita pro saw- at a bricks and mortar store or from an internet dealer- from 61cc to 79cc, please let me know. To be clear, this isn't a WTB ad because I want new and not pre-owned, respectfully.

I own a newish Echo 620p/24inch, and an Echo PPT 2620 pole saw with the 4ft extender. Both have been great.

I have the opportunity to order a Dolkita 61cc/20inch, or a 79cc PHO, but I'd have to pay about MSRP for either, despite my assumption Makita is discounting them to dealers.

Does it make sense to buy a second 60cc class saw with the idea of having the 20" bar and the other a 24"? Or would you instead buy the Dolkita 79cc with the idea of running a 27-32" bar on it, and reducing my 620p to a 20 inch bar? If I were to own two 60cc class saws, which of those would be the better platform for a mod/port job- the Echo 620p or the Dolkita 6100?

It's not a matter of me needing a Dolkita- it's a want, but I'm also open to the practicality aspect of saw head CCs and bar sizes.

I'm looking forward to your opinions.

Thanks
Admins & Mods,
If my first post gives the impression it's a WTB ad, please edit it. I'm definitely not looking for a pre-owned saw, but I am open to members' knowledge of any discounted new saws at a store or 'net dealer. Thanks

I don't see discounting, the 3601 a 35cc model seems to have gone up $50 since I got mine.
Does it make sense to buy a second 60cc class saw with the idea of having the 20" bar and the other a 24"?
Not really, how many employees or helpers do you have on occasion?
Would my Echo 620p 24 inch bar and chain fit- without adapter- onto a Dolkita 61/64/73/79cc power head?
The 61cc 6100 model uses the Husky small mount
The 64/73/79c uses the large husky mount that the newish 73model echo also uses
The echo 620 uses neither. I don't know what would be needed to make your echo bar work on the 6100 but slot for bar studs being too tiny won't be an issue.

Latest posts

Back