Mastermind Meets......Well You Gotta See This Thing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon is a fan of big mag cased saws.

86b3ab96d71c0dd2ef6a271179441a84.jpg

:msp_angry:

That thing is real heavy-like. Probably not worth the cost to ship, especially with that original, bigass Remington roller nose bar. :dizzy:

[video=youtube;3jWK7xmNZLg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jWK7xmNZLg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The JB was just to close that hole in the case......and it's got both rings.

Since the 088 doesn't have the tonsil I didn't figure it would be a deal breaker.

Thoughts?

And yeah.....I need a tig. :msp_sad:

If I was your neighbor I would bug the hell out of you.....I'd be like "Hey Big D weld this for me man.....I'll bring you a case of your favorite beverage and stuff" :rock:

Bad ju ju using JBWeld!......I doubt you hogged the intake out enough to hang a ring.....but you have options:msp_biggrin:

Here's what was inside.

Oh84fromTom002.jpg

Oh84fromTom003.jpg

If I sent somebody twenty pounds of floor sweepings and he turned it into a saw, I'd like it too.

Gotta say that I like that description Chris. Shorter and more to the point than my description in the OSM thread:

If that saw was a dog, I'd suggest shaving it's butt and teaching it to walk backwards....

worlds-ugliest-dog-2012.jpg

Hell i like it. Looks like a work horse to me. Just sayin.

I'm sure it is a hard workin' saw................after Randy and his SIL/slaveboy Jon spent 1000 hours working their 'magic' with it. That damn thing looked like a large dinosaur stomped an 084, swaller'd what was left.............and then pooped it out onto Emube's bench. It's a wonder the damn thing is together at all. Probably about 5 pounds of JB Weld in that thing now.:jester:

It IS a butt ugly old creamsicle though. I'm a bit biased however..............There aren't many Stihls that I like of the looks of even when brand new. Our young genius friend at camp could count them all with the fingers on his broke'd hand..:D

Bad ju ju using JBWeld!......I doubt you hogged the intake out enough to hang a ring.....but you have options:msp_biggrin:

Please don't take away my "hack with a grinder" card over the JB........I won't do it again. :msp_sad:

For a little while anyway

MM.....practice makes prefect!......are you up for the next challenge? These have been sitting for a time, but you should be able to polish them with care. How bout it?????

022-2.jpg

MM.....practice makes prefect!......are you up for the next challenge? These have been sitting for a time, but you should be able to polish them with care. How bout it?????

Yikes Dennis. Did you swipe those anchors from RandyMac's ship as it was moored in the bay? Looks like they've been fouled in the mud for some time.:popcorn:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back