Maxflow not quite as ugly.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I decided to try the maxflow on thos build. I cut in idaho black trees (burned) have always noticed small amounts of fine dust inside the stihl filters. I havent ever ruined a saw to this its more just something i notice.

The maxflow ive used some in the wood and noticed nothing under filter

One thing i have noticed is its very ugly. I took a carbide burr and removed all the ribs inside the filter cover. Then i thought about putting a few 1" holes on top
So i cut the top. Filter mostly needs protection on the sides though i have watched my saw idling rolling down the mtn till the next tree stops it.
Anyways heres the pic.
20180505143727_IMG_8599.JPG 20180505143126_IMG_8590.JPG 20180505143232_IMG_8593.JPG

20180505144647_IMG_8613.JPG
I might put a few holes in sides to gain back some of the surface area that is lost by putting the max flow inside this cover.

A saw working on the fire line would very much benifit to run the very ugly maxflow cover filter is protected and saw will run more than 5 minutes before filter is plugged up
Me as a fire wood cutter and do the acasional tree clearing job ill never see those extreme conditions

I thought i started a similar thread already but was unable to find it. So sorry if theres now two.

That looks good. I've never liked the look of the maxflow as they just make the saw look weird to me. Having the partial cover gives needed protection.

Latest posts

Back