McCulloch 10-10 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cerambycid

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I collect Stihl saws, but see a McCulloch 10-10 for sale locally that hasn’t sold in a month. It’s only $50. Are these collectable or any good?

I started on a PRO MAC 10-10A my father bought new in the mid 70s...I went Stihl till I found a SP-81 free at the dump and took it home cause it looked like dad's(that one is VERY collectable!!!!) I now have 4 10-10s. After I ran one and it started on the second pull(it had been under a Hardware store bench long enough to have a 1/16" of oily yuck on it)...LOUD as a hell!!!! Cut amazing and is just darn fun to run.... I have 4 10-10s now so I think they are collectable...All of mine(after I set the carbs, lubed the recoil shafts and cleaned them up) start on the first or second pull...If it's a older one MAC 10-10A(for one) with the old style air cleaner and the air cleaner is good...the stupid air cleaner is worth about 50$...I don't use my Stihls any more I just use the MACs. SO I. being biased toward McCulloch would buy it.

I started on a PRO MAC 10-10A my father bought new in the mid 70s...I went Stihl till I found a SP-81 free at the dump and took it home cause it looked like dad's(that one is VERY collectable!!!!) I now have 4 10-10s. After I ran one and it started on the second pull(it had been under a Hardware store bench long enough to have a 1/16" of oily yuck on it)...LOUD as a hell!!!! Cut amazing and is just darn fun to run.... I have 4 10-10s now so I think they are collectable...All of mine(after I set the carbs, lubed the recoil shafts and cleaned them up) start on the first or second pull...If it's a older one MAC 10-10A(for one) with the old style air cleaner and the air cleaner is good...the stupid air cleaner is worth about 50$...I don't use my Stihls any more I just use the MACs. SO I. being biased toward McCulloch would buy it.
Thank you for the input. It’s about an hour away, so I have to get motivated to go it. If it was in town, I’d of already got it.

You will get more after you run it!!!!!!! My Stihls always take for ever to start then start if you look at them an think about starting them. They work great, they do the job, they never break down BUT everyone of my McCullochs make me smile(and wear ear plugs) and make cutting wood FUN again. I have to cut a lot of wood to feed my boiler all winter so it was a "job" now it's more of an adventure ! ! ! Me and Happy(my 63 IH 4x4) like the smell of a couple of Macs leaking on the floor(heaven knows the oil helps stop the rust(were there's still metal that is!)! I do have a 08S that started me collecting chainsaws; lots of Homelites and Remingtons.....all of those were lots of work and only run for a short time before they have problems(not the Stihl it was lots of parts from Europe and took a year to run but always runs...made me smile the first time) then I saw my first MAC 10-10A in a pawn shop in Mankato(I miss spoke in my fist post...that was my second one) for cheap(more than 50$ though!). It was dirty and the gas smelled iffy...we got home late(I live 5 hours north of there) I dumped the gas put in new, pulled the plug checked for spark and it fired on the fist pull and ran on the second(don't know how but it did and always does)....My dump find SP-81 sat in my shop for 3 or 4 years till I went "saw nuts" put in new gas after checking for spark and it started on the 4th pull(PO had no apparent mechanical aptitude....still fixing some stuff on that one)"started" yes, run well NO(that took 10 minutes or so)......anyway...........These things just have ATTITUDE ! ! !

Has anyone Noticed they launched the 1-10 in the same quarter as the 10-10 Mac in 1967?????? Thats makes no sense>

Back